Hi all,

I tried the following steps to add image to the product in BCC,

1. Created Media Folder
      2. Choosen "media-external", filled the form with the below details,

Name: Image.jpeg
      Choosen the parent folder
      URL: D:\Image.jpg
      3. Deployed the project successfully.

4. Later I added this media item to my product and deployed again.

Finally in image preview box "Unable to display Image.jpeg" is displaying.

I didn't find any errors in log while deploying. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
      Kushal.
        • 1. Re: Unable add product image in BCC
          D.N.R
          Hi all,

Initially I tried to add an image from external location. Now I placed image in home/servers/<server-instance>/localconfig/images/ location.

In URL path, I've given like "/images/img.jpg". Able to deploy the project without any errors.

But still, Image is not displaying for the selected product.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
          Kushal.
          • 2. Re: Unable add product image in BCC
            D.N.R
            Hi All,

I've choosen, "media-internal-binary" to add the image. It's worked for me. Able to depolyed the project successfully.

Now able to view the images in BCC and in Production ACC as well.

Can you please explain the difference between "media-external" & "media-internal-binary"

Thanks,
            Kushal.
            • 3. Re: Unable add product image in BCC
              Onhate
              Hello,

At first, you must specify a valid name with the correct extension, like abc.jpg, abc.png...

media-external is stored externally, not in ATG databases or ATG directories, so you must specify a valid URL to them.

media-internal-binary is stored on ATG databases or directories (documentoRoot), for this you must do upload on bcc.
              • 4. Re: Unable add product image in BCC
                D.N.R
                Hi Onhate,

Thanks for your response. So to add image in BCC, media-extern might the best choice.

I tried several times with valid names and relative/absolute URLs. But BCC didn't pick image in every situation.

Can you please explain limitations for media-external type?

Thanks,
                Kushal.
                • 5. Re: Unable add product image in BCC
                  Onhate
                  Here in our case we had an external server like "http://images.mystore.com/images" and here are all images, then I created a xml to run on /atg/commerce/catalog/ProductCatalog because we had an update of more than 11,000 products, and xml is like this:
                  <gsa-template>
                      <import-items>
                          <add-item id="1img0" item-descriptor="media-external">
                              <set-property name="parentFolder"><![CDATA[fld420007]]></set-property>
                              <set-property name="url"><![CDATA[http://images.mystore.com/large_730x730/010117.1_z_large.jpg]]></set-property>
                              <set-property name="path"><![CDATA[/Products/010117.1_z_large.jpg]]></set-property>
                              <set-property name="type"><![CDATA[external]]></set-property>
                              <set-property name="name"><![CDATA[010117.1_z_large.jpg]]></set-property>
                          </add-item>

...other 11,000 add-item and the product updating to set the image created above to largeImage, small, thum, promo... axiliary...

</import-items>          
                      <update-item id="010117" item-descriptor="product">
                           <set-property name="largeImage">1img0</set-property>
                      </update-item>
                      <update-item id="010117" item-descriptor="product">
                           <set-property name="auxiliaryMedia"><![CDATA[large_1=1img1]]></set-property>
                      </update-item>
                  </gsa-template>
                  • 6. Re: Unable add product image in BCC
                    D.N.R
                    Hi Onhate,

Thanks for informative response. Did you write any xml for property-mappings and you used web server for maintaing images?

Can you tell me the place to get this information? I'm little confused.

Thanks,
                    Kushal.