2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 8:09 PM by user11070904 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Payment_method_lookup_code in supplier conversion using api

The conversion is from 11i to R12. I am working on supplier conversion using API. The AP_VENDOR_PUB_PKG create_vendor or create_vendor_site does not have Payment_method_lookup_code to update into apps. How can i update the Payment_method_lookup_code for a supplier?

Any help will be appreciated.

Bhargavi
        • 1. Re: Payment_method_lookup_code in supplier conversion using api
          Kiran Gaddam
          Hi,

Using AP_VENDOR_PUB_PKG create_vendor or create_vendor_site, you will NOT be able to update the PAYMENT METHOD in R12.

AP_VENDOR_PUB_PKG create_vendor or create_vendor_site packages are obsolete in R12 and we shouldn't be using the same. Instead use the supplier open interface table to import the suppliers and supplier sites.

In R12 PAYMENT_METHOD_LOOKUP_CODE column is replaced by PAYMENT_METHOD_CODE. In R12 the column PAYMENT_METHOD_LOOKUP_CODE is no longer used.

When I was upgrading I had the same issue and when I crated the SR with Oracle they suggested me to use the Supplier open interface tables, which resolved my issue.

Hope this helps.

Kiran
          • 2. Re: Payment_method_lookup_code in supplier conversion using api
            user11070904

You could use AP_VENDOR_PUB_PKG.create_vendor_Site and pass the vendor_site_rec fields along with the following addition.

p_vendor_site_rec.ext_payee_rec.default_pmt_method := 'EFT';

This would create the Default Payment Method in IBY_EXTERNAL_PAYEES_ALL.

Hope this helps.

-Geetha K