This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2012 8:58 AM by 919944 RSS

Where to download JSTL library exactly?

919944 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am really confused. JSTL 1.0/1.1 can be downloaded from Apache website, while JSTL 1.2 is only downloadable from jstl.java.net???
  • 1. Re: Where to download JSTL library exactly?
    gimbal2 Guru
    JSTL is an API. What you can download from the Apache website is an implementation of that API. Apparently they don't offer JSTL 1.2 as a separate download, but it is part of Apache Tomcat 7 for example. Much like the page you link to is the implementation that is delivered as part of Glassfish.

This is no different from for example the servlet-api and the jsp-api. You don't download implementations for those APIs either, they are part of the servlet container / application server.
  • 2. Re: Where to download JSTL library exactly?
    919944 Newbie
    gimbal2 wrote:
    JSTL is an API. What you can download from the Apache website is an implementation of that API. Apparently they don't offer JSTL 1.2 as a separate download, but it is part of Apache Tomcat 7 for example. Much like the page you link to is the implementation that is delivered as part of Glassfish.
    I still doubt about Tomcat 7 has JSTL jar files, as I am looking at the server lib folder, there is no jstl-xxx.jar files, but it has el-xxx.jar files. In addition, when I create a new project in Eclipse for serlvet 3.0 with Tomcat 7 as server runtime, I still have to import jstl-xxx.jar files from outside. What could be missing?

This is no different from for example the servlet-api and the jsp-api. You don't download implementations for those APIs either, they are part of the servlet container / application server.
    That's true. I known it already.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points