This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 2:27 AM by 778489 RSS

how to get the config.xml file from the server to the local machine

778489 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have policy studio installed in my local machine and the enterprise gateway running on the server.
I am able to open the config.xml file from my local machine and registered webservices.
I connected to the policy center which is running on the server and tried to download the configuration file but not able to do it as I am unable to download the file from the server location.
It is preventing me from registering webservices, applying policies etc.,
Kindly let me know how to download the config.xml file from the server into the policy studio in the local machine.

Regards,
Sree
  • 1. Re: how to get the config.xml file from the server to the local machine
    882069 Explorer
    The normal use case for Policy Studio is to connect over a URL to the Gateway to configure it (see the connect to server option in PS). The URL is:
    http://l<GW Hostname>:8090/configuration/deployments/DeploymentService

If you have download the /conf/fed from your Gateway machine and made local changes to it via Policy then you can upload the same files to the Gateway machine and restart the Gateway.
  • 2. Re: how to get the config.xml file from the server to the local machine
    778489 Newbie
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.

I tried downloading the /conf/fed/config.xml file from the Gateway machine and made local changes to it via Policy studio.
    Also I uploaded the same to the Gateway machine and restarted the Gateway but still I am not able to view the option 'Download configuration for process' in the policy center which is connected to the server to deploy the changes to the gateway.

Pls. suggest how to proceed further.

Regards,
    Sreelatha.

Edited by: user13277797 on Mar 14, 2012 2:27 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points