This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 11:15 AM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias RSS

How to find native memory usage for a domain

923770 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

We want to know how to find out current native momory utilization for a perticular weblogic domain. Basically we want to increase our current JVM heap size from 2 GB to 3.5GB because of 32 bit JDK restriction we are not having confident to increase at the memont. If we can get the current native memory utization then we will have a idea how to pregess and change in production env.

OS - Solaris 10
Weblogic - 9.2
Java - 1.5

Thanks and Regards
Dinabandhu
  • 1. Re: How to find native memory usage for a domain
    EJP Guru
    current native momory utilization for a perticular weblogic domain
    You will have to define that term, because it doesn't have any meaning to me. You could find out the memory utilization for a specific JVM, if that's what you mean, but is it?
  • 2. Re: How to find native memory usage for a domain
    jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias Expert
    920767 wrote:
    Basically we want to increase our current JVM heap size from 2 GB to 3.5GB because of 32 bit JDK restriction we are not having confident to increase at the memont
    Surprisingly enough to me that will not work. The maximum on solaris is 2G presuming you are running on a 32 OS.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/hotspotfaq-138619.html#gc_heap_32bit

We want to know how to find out current native momory utilization for a perticular weblogic domain
    Memory is per process. Weblogic, the server, is one process (one VM.) Thus you can't increase the application memory for only part of it. I doubt weblogic has a way to limit it by app.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points