1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 11:49 PM by 838103 RSS

What does the transitiveCLE rolldown parameter do?

Working through some crazy rolldown behavior and wondering what this parameter affects. Have it set to false, which I believe is default, everywhere.

• 1. Re: What does the transitiveCLE rolldown parameter do?
          Not sure but conceptually transitive means if A is dependent on B and B is dependent on C, it implies A has dependency on C, so any changes in C should ripple down to A.

TransitiveCLE is used generally in case of if there are complex rolldown or rollups along multiple dimension level, where in we don;t want to generate CLE's at every level. This will make sure the duplication of CLE generation doesn't take place. TransitiveCLE property when set to true will also make sure that indirect dependencies (dependencies which are not direct or are present in more than 1 level ancestor or descendent level) will be automatically checked when related blocks are changed. May be in order to optimize block calculation. since number of CLE or changelists will be lower in this case.

e.g. If you have complex rolldown any change at higher should spawn down to the lowest level in hierarchy and in between blocks should use same rolldown mechanism to push it further down into hierarchy.

When this property is set to false then CLE's are generated at each level.

I think my knowledge on this topic is kind of half-baked so not sure how it will help but i am curious to know more expert views on this.