3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 4:16 PM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

Item Category Code Issue

girish1982
      Hi All,
      When i'm creating a item in the system automatically the item category set getting assigned to it (Purchasing) .
      but this category set assigning with the wrong category code. How we can stop this , so that after i create i can assign the category set with required category code combination as per my requirment . please help me on this.

Thanks & Regs
      RG
        • 1. Re: Item Category Code Issue
          Mahendra
          user549459 wrote:
          Hi All,
          When i'm creating a item in the system automatically the item category set getting assigned to it (Purchasing) .
          but this category set assigning with the wrong category code. How we can stop this , so that after i create i can assign the category set with required category code combination as per my requirment . please help me on this.

Thanks & Regs
          RG
          After creating an item in item master..you can go to tools and in there item categories and you can assign the categories there...Mostly my guess is if the item is a purchased item..it will be assigned to default purchasing category and it should also be assigned to inventory category too..as it is also a inventory item..

HTH
          Mahendra
          • 2. Re: Item Category Code Issue
            girish1982
            Hi Mahendra,
            Thanks for the reply, Yeah i can do that, but problem is now i've huge number of items to be created , so im using item import program after getting the data into interface table and creating all the items. But after that i need to assign the categories to the items , i'm using the item category imports program to do that . Since the category set got assigned during the item creation ,its not allowing me to assign the item category using the program .

Please advise.

Thanks & Regs
            RG
            • 3. Re: Item Category Code Issue
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              >
              When i'm creating a item ..system automatically ...assigning with the wrong category code.>
              Inventory > setup > items > categories > category sets
              Change the default category.

Sandeep Gandhi