This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 11:08 PM by lookevin RSS

Creating Java Signed applet netbeans 7.1 to access data on a mifare card

924911 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hello,

I am implementing a java application in a java signed applet that reads and returns the data from a Smart Card (Mifare card - Marta Breeze card).

The informtaion is then copied to a clipboard during the reading of the card to a contactless device. The device is an: Omnikey 5321 device reading the mifare card which is:
Mifare Standard 1K

Omnikey 5321
http://www.hidglobal.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=171

it appears the policytool needs to be configured to get access to the data on the card to run in a webbrowser however I am unfamiliar of how to set up the policykey configuration for this type of device. I have done filepermission in the past but that is all.

My applet crashed the browser when embedded in a webpage. I can't see the error details. I have the webbrowser updated and the java plugin enabled in activex controls for signed applets with Internet Explorer 8 and 9 on other computers however I can't get it to run outside Netbeans where it works perfectly.

Maybe I am signing incorrectly: I do right-click on nbproject properties > web start > checked  > enable webstart >

checked > CodeBase > No codebase JDK 1.6u18

checked > Alllow offline

undersigning  >self-sign by a generated key >>

choose Mixed Code : enable software protections
selected radio button > applet Descriptor >> Applet Class >> hidreader.AuxBreezeReader (applet name)

run clean and build get the following:

going to create default keystore in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\HIDReader/build/nb-jws.ks
Generating Key for nb-jws
sign-jars:
Signing JAR: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\HIDReader\dist\HIDReader.jar to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\HIDReader\dist\HIDReader.jar as nb-jws

Warning:

The signer certificate will expire within six months.

As I stated it works perfectly in netbeans appletviewer but can't get it to work in the IE8, IE9, or Firefox

Thanks in Advance please point me in the right direction.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points