This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 8:56 PM by 747754 RSS

Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23

837957 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Gentlemans, i've got an issue.

We've recently update our apex version to 4.1.1.00.23 and since then the application is showing an error message on the login page. Before we performed this update the application was working nicely. When i try to submit the login page, the following error message appears:

"Page protection violation: This may be caused by manual alteration of protected page items. If you are unsure what caused this error, please contact the application administrator for assistance."

What could be causing this problem?? I've checked all page items and pages involved on the process and none of those has any kind of protection. And theres another strange thing, on FireFox the application works, but on IE the message appears. Quite interesting. Someone has any clue about this, or have experienced something similar?

Best regards
Rogério
  • 1. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    Patrick Wolf Employee ACE
    Hi Rogério,

do you use the APEX Listener? If yes have to restarted the APEX Listener as mentioned in the installation notes?

If you check the HTML source of the generated login page,

-) Do you see a hidden page item called p_page_checksum?
    -) Do you find it multiple times in the page source?
    -) Is it before or after the </form> tag?

Can you create a test case on apex.oracle.com?

Regards
    Patrick
    -----------
    My Blog: http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com
    APEX Plug-Ins: http://apex.oracle.com/plugins
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/patrickwolf
  • 2. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    837957 Newbie
    Hi Patrick,

I've found the p_page_checksum item once on the html code of the login page, and it appears after the </FORM> tag. Is it the cause of the problem?

Best Regards
    Rogério
  • 3. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    Yes that's the cause of the issue. Can you please upload your application to apex.oracle.com and provide me the workspace and the application id so that I can have a look at the template to identify what is wrong. I'm particularly interested in your login page template because that might also affect other customers which are upgrading.

Regards
    Patrick
    -----------
    My Blog: http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com
    APEX Plug-Ins: http://apex.oracle.com/plugins
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/patrickwolf
  • 4. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    837957 Newbie
    Hi Patrick i couldnt upload the application due to some internal issues. But i've changed the login page template and put the #FORM_CLOSE# on the footer and now the p_page_checksum appears before the </FORM> tag, but the error continues. Theres any email address that i could send to you the page template archive, so you can have a look on it?

Regards
    Rogério
  • 5. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    837957 Newbie
    Hi Patrick!

I just figure out the problem! On the login page theres two regions, Login and Login2, and both had html code on their source. On the source of region Login, it opens a tag <FORM> and closes it on the source code of Login2 region. So the page had two pairs of <FORM> tags, i removed the code of both regions and things start to work smoothly! :)
    Thanks for the help!

Best Regards
    Rogério
  • 6. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    You can send it to oracle-application-express_ww@oracle.com and please also add a link to this thread.

Regards
    Patrick
  • 7. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    837957 Newbie
    I'll mail it for you, in case you find any other issues tha could happen

Best Regard
    Rogério
  • 8. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    837957 Newbie
    Hi Patrick!

I've got another issue. On my application i have a page with a text field with the options 'Disable' and 'Save Session State' setted to 'yes'. When i put some value on the text field using javascript and try to submit the page the following error message appears:

'Session state protection violation: This may be caused by manual alteration of protected page item P1_TEXT. If you are unsure what caused this error, please contact the application administrator for assistance. Contact your application administrator.'

I really need to save the session state of the text field, even when it is disabled, do you know anything about this issue?? I reproduced the error on apex.oracle.com:

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=1942:LOGIN:1277533900325401
    login: test
    password: test

Best Regards
    Rogério

Edited by: Rogerio on Mar 21, 2012 7:16 AM
  • 9. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    SaraB Newbie
    Hi

I have the same issue that you described and wondered if you had found a solution.

We have two text fields on our page with the options 'Disabled' and 'Save Session State' both set to Yes. These fields hold the height and width of an image that is identified in another text field on the same page. We need to get and save the image dimensions which we do using Javascript, we also allow users to change the dimensions using a Jquery UI slider which sets the fields using Javascript. The only way we can populate the fields is using Javascript, but we get the 'Session state protection violation' error.

We are running APEX 4.1.1.00.23 and I've found a few threads that mention people with the same error in 4.1.1 but none of them have been answered.

Did you find a solution to this problem? Or do you know if it will be fixed in the next release? (I don't think we can wait that long, but at least I'll know it's an acknowledged bug!)

Many thanks
    Sara
  • 10. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    drama9346 Newbie
    Hi!

I also have the same problem with Apex 4.1.1.00.23.

Two text felds with options 'Disabled' and 'Save Session State' set to Yes. Error I get back, when I want submit page is:
    Error:
    Session state protection violation: This may be caused by manual alteration of protected page item P2_ID_REKL. If you are unsure what caused this error, please contact the application administrator for assistance.
    Contact your application administrator.
    P2_ID_REKL is first text field, if I delete this text field and leave second P2_STATUS i get same error after submiting page.

Regards,
    Dragan
  • 11. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    drama9346 Newbie
    Hi!

I noticed right now that also display only item cause the same problem. I have set option 'Save Session State' to Yes, but I get same problem.

edited: Problem occurs only if item display only is set at some value.

Any help or solution?

Regards,
    Dragan

Edited by: drama9346 on 25.4.2012 4:53
  • 12. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    SaraB Newbie
    Hi Dragan

It sounds like you're only getting this issue for 'Display only' item types, is that correct? I think it has been queried on a few threads as to why a display only field has 'Save Session State' set to Yes. Are you modifying the value using Javascript? If not, then the value isn't going to change so perhaps doesn't need 'Save Session State' set to Yes. This is something I read on another thread, it seems to make sense to me but might not fit with your scenario.

To be clear, the problem I have is for a Text field NOT Display Only and is an issue because I am setting the value using Javascript. This is the only way I can get the value and this setup is the only way the field can work. I don't see that I'm doing anything that strange or unreasonable, so I'm a bit mystified as to why this no longer works and am really hopeful that there is a solution!! (I queried our applications and found 77 items that potentially have this problem.)

Sara
  • 13. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    drama9346 Newbie
    SaraB wrote:
    Hi Dragan

It sounds like you're only getting this issue for 'Display only' item types, is that correct? I think it has been queried on a few threads as to why a display only field has 'Save Session State' set to Yes. Are you modifying the value using Javascript? If not, then the value isn't going to change so perhaps doesn't need 'Save Session State' set to Yes. This is something I read on another thread, it seems to make sense to me but might not fit with your scenario.

To be clear, the problem I have is for a Text field NOT Display Only and is an issue because I am setting the value using Javascript. This is the only way I can get the value and this setup is the only way the field can work. I don't see that I'm doing anything that strange or unreasonable, so I'm a bit mystified as to why this no longer works and am really hopeful that there is a solution!! (I queried our applications and found 77 items that potentially have this problem.)

Sara
    Sara thanks for your replay!

I have problems with Text fields (same that you described earlier) and with Display Only. For both I create Dynamic Action, for text field when page is load and for display only when one text field is changed and for both od them I need to be saved in session because I branch to another site and then from this site branch back to main site and I need those values there. If I don't change text field and then I don't have Display Only value set, then I don't have any problems with Display Only.

I hope we understand each other!

Regards,
    Dragan
  • 14. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    drama9346 Newbie
    Hi!

I solved problem with display only. I define what value display only have if value in session state is null. But I still have problems with Text field. If value in text field is set with static assignment then everything is ok. Problem ocurrs when it is set with JavaScript.

Regards,
    Dragan
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points