3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 2:32 PM by Pnauduri-Oracle RSS

Sql Developer Migration Tool

Hi,

I have used Sql Developer 3 Migration tool to migrate a db2 8 LUW database structure to oracle 10g/11g. The problem is that the tool map Decimal(x,y) to Number(38,0) missing the scale.

Do you know why the tool do this? Oracle have a wrapper (I think) to create a table using decimal(x,y) statement

Is Decimal(x,y)(db2) = Decimal(x,y) (oracle) = Number(x,y) (oracle)?

I.E:

This is my db2:
      CREATE TABLE "TEST" (
                "LAB" DECIMAL(5,2)
      );

This is the structure generated by the tool
      CREATE TABLE TEST (
      LAB DECIMAL
      );

Are this two approach equivalent and valid to represent the structure I have in db2 in my oracle?
      CREATE TABLE TEST (
      LAB DECIMAL(5,2)
      );

CREATE TABLE TEST (
      LAB NUMBER(5,2)
      );

Regards,
      Francisco.
        • 1. Re: Sql Developer Migration Tool
          Pnauduri-Oracle
          Hello

Seems like a bug in SQL Developer that it is not picking up the scale. Will notify the appropriate group for a fix. NUMBER(x,y) is a valid representation in Oracle. Can you check to see what the default mapping is in SQL Developer before the conversion process begins?. If it shows up as NUMBER(x) then change it to NUMBER(x,y).

In the meanwhile iyou can fix the DDL before generating the schema in Oracle.

Regards

Prakash
          • 2. Re: Sql Developer Migration Tool
            I can only map to DECIMAL or NUMBER but can't specify the precision and scale. If double click on system I could specify precision and scale but it isn't dynamic. Not all the decimal in db2 have the same precision and scale.

Edited by: user13802543 on 21/03/2012 10:16
            • 3. Re: Sql Developer Migration Tool
              Pnauduri-Oracle
              Unfortunately it appears to be a bug for DB2 databases. So you have to manually update the DDL for affected columns/tables and generate the Oracle schema. If you need the fix for the issue at the earliest but have some time then can open a service request on our my oracle support website (support.oracle.com).

Regards

Prakash