4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 10:11 AM by kiufusion-Oracle RSS

How to extend the JVue applet class using ActiveX Control

FrankB
      My SR recommendation was to post this here:

) How to Extend the JVue Applet class
      --------------------------------------
      This is the preferred solution. However, when using the ActiveX control, my derived JVue class that is specified in autovue.properties is not being instantiated.
      Your ActiveX bridge looks like it's hard coding a "new JVue()" which means I have no integration hook using the ActiveX control.

To reiterate, if I extend JVue to add functionality and specify it in the autovue.properties, it is picked up when I run it standalone but if I use the ActiveX component, it is not being picked up.

I have already read all the documentation, have had web conferences with Mahmood and Jeff Chapman and the engineering staff who recommended this approach as the preferred option.
        • 1. Re: How to extend the JVue applet class using ActiveX Control
          kiufusion-Oracle
          Hi,

Can you please clarify the use case? It sounds like you are trying to add a custom VueAction (modifying autovue.properties to append new JAR in autovue.classpath entry?) to extends AutoVue's functionality? Please confirm if it is the case.

Thanks
          Kelvin
          • 2. Re: How to extend the JVue applet class using ActiveX Control
            FrankB
            We have a need to override certain VueBean/JVue method calls to meet our document handling(documents need to handle metadata information and hence change the document loading cycle, ie markup loading/XRef resolution is dynamic). Also the invokeAction/invokeSubAction do not allow parameter passing(which we have requirements for certain actions again due to metadata) so we would like to override the invokeAction method to include custom processing(we will encode the action with parameters).

We are already using Custom VueActions for other simpler UI event handling that don't have parameter requirements.

As I said above, these use cases were relayed to the engineering team and senior staff members in early December and we were told that we could proceed with overriding the main class in the autovue.properties file. I have SR(s) opened with a long thread detailing this so I really don't want to go through this again.

A custom VueAction does not seem to work because it binds to late in the object call/event stream.
            • 3. Re: How to extend the JVue applet class using ActiveX Control
              Michel L�on-Oracle
              Hi Kelvin,

Any update from you on this issue?

Thanks,
              Mcihel
              • 4. Re: How to extend the JVue applet class using ActiveX Control
                kiufusion-Oracle
                Sorry for the late reply.

Currently Desktop Deployment ActiveX does not allow accessing VueBean APIs and the ActiveX APIs are not as extensive as the VueBean APIs (e.g. There's no functions to obtain list of XREFs or Markups). The only way to access VueBean APIs in the ActiveX is to implement a custom VueAction. I am not in the conversation about the main class overriding with autovue.properties, could you please provide me the SR# that contains the details?

Is it a hard requirement to integrate AutoVue with your application through ActiveX technology? Or if Java applet would be an alternative?

Thanks
                Kelvin