This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 4:16 AM by 922225 RSS

Newly Created Group and Workspace. Can't add new participants to Workspace

922225 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

So I have recently created a Group. Oracle_Utilities_Customer_Care_and_Billing to be exact. Now the group has been approved and verified. So a Home Workspace has been created, yay. I added a new member to a group. His membership has already been verified as well.
The problems

1.) I can't add him as participant to the Home Workspace. I have been browsing the forums and didn't find anything that I could have done wrong.
2.) I did create a new Workspace (lets call it W2). I can't add any of the members in the existing group as participant, however, I can add the Home_Workspace.Participant group as a participant. Can't I choose who can join the workspace.

I read the forums and the FAQs but can't seem to find anything wrong to what I have done. I have also updated the Settings of the group through BOLAdministration screen. From there I can only see 3 members in the group. The 4th one I added is not yet there. In the https://beehiveonline-apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=200:2:736394962014012::NO::: screen the 4th member is there and he is verified.

Hope you guys can help. We hope to have this working as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Richmond
  • 1. Re: Newly Created Group and Workspace. Can't add new participants to Workspace
    pbell Pro
    Richmond,

You have 4 members of the group includuing yourself and they look OK so you should be able to find them in the Participant lists. Is this still a problem>?

Also if you are going top add groups to workspaces then add the group itself which would be Oracle_Utilities_Customer_Care_and_Billing NOT the Oracle_Utilities_Customer_Care_and_Billing_Workspace.Participant group. The group has the necessary ACLs attached whilst the Participant group does not.

Phil
  • 2. Re: Newly Created Group and Workspace. Can't add new participants to Workspace
    922225 Newbie
    Hi Phil,

Yes, we are currently 4 members in the group. Unfortunately, I still can't add the 4th member in the workspace. I only invited him in the group after the workspace has been created. BTW, I am the workspace coordinator of the workspace. so I am at a lost. As for the group participants, yes that was weird to, I can see the Workspace.participants but not the group. Is there something wrong with my group/workspace? I accidentally renamed the workspace name to remove the underscores. But then renamed it back with Underscores. Will that cause any problems?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Regards,
    Richmond
  • 3. Re: Newly Created Group and Workspace. Can't add new participants to Workspace
    pbell Pro
    Richmond,

we had a liock file jamming the provisioning process after a jvm failed - I have cleared thia now so all 4 users should eb available in the system.

The underscores in the Workspace name are vital to maintain the connection between the group and the Workspace and if the Workspace is renamed the linkage will be broken. Putting it back will re-establish the link but you may have missed a user in the process. To get them into the Workspace you will have to add them manually by chosing them in the new Participants area.

I have manually readded Grant Murray and the group looks complete now.

There should be a group visible called Oracle_Utilities_Customer_Care_and_Billing.

Phil
  • 4. Re: Newly Created Group and Workspace. Can't add new participants to Workspace
    922225 Newbie
    Thanks Phil, that must explain what happened. I'll keep the underscores in mind.

Now I have another question. I have created a new workspace (W2 for example), and I wanted to only add a select few members from my group into this new workspace (W2). However, I still can't find the members of my group in the add participants. This new workspace has a different name. What other things I have to do to be able to see them? I don't think I am doing anything wrong. Its simply weird that I can't add a participant to this new workspace (W2).

Sorry for a lot of questions. Is the forums a better communication line? or MySupport? Thanks for all the help.

Richmond

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points