1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2012 1:53 PM by 894886

Deployment of webcenter portal application error

I'm currently using jDeveloper 11.1.1.4 because those with jdeveloper 11.1.1.5 can't deploy to a remote server.

We are working on a webcenter portal app, the portal application was working before and just yesterday we can't access the application and been giving us this error: We accessed the server logs, domain logs, etc. but the logs seems to be too general

java.lang.NullPointerException
           at oracle.adf.model.binding.DCBindingContainerReference.getDef(DCBindingContainerReference.java:111)
           at oracle.adf.model.BindingContext.findBindingContainerDefByPath(BindingContext.java:1650)
           at oracle.adf.model.BindingRequestHandler.isPageViewable(BindingRequestHandler.java:371)...

So I tried working on that app and ran it locally and is giving me this error:

oracle.jbo.NoDefException: JBO-25002: Definition oracle.webcenter.portalapp.pages.homePageDef of type Form Binding Definition is not found.
           at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefObjectUsingMetadataObject(DefinitionManager.java:2703)
           at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefObjectUsingMetadataObject(DefinitionManager.java:2715)
      Caused by: oracle.mds.core.MetadataNotFoundException: MDS-00013: no metadata found for metadata object "/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pages/homePageDef.xml"
           at oracle.mds.core.MetadataObject.getBaseMO(MetadataObject.java:1163)
           at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.getBaseMO(MDSSession.java:2837)
           at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.getMetadataObject(MDSSession.java:1204).....

Feeling desperate I tried creating a new webcenter portal application from scratch, added/change/edited nothing, and ran it locally. And the error was the same as the JBO-25002. Thinking it was just my local machine I tried to deploy it to a remote server and guess what
      the error was the NullPointerException. So i concluded that the two errors are linking with each other. I've been through all the forum posts and can't seem to find any solution, these errors are all vague and just suddenly pops up for no apparent reason. I hope someone can help me from this misery.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Deployment of webcenter portal application error
          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at oracle.adf.model.binding.DCBindingContainerReference.getDef(DCBindingContainerReference.java:111)
          at oracle.adf.model.BindingContext.findBindingContainerDefByPath(BindingContext.java:1650)
          at oracle.adf.model.BindingRequestHandler.isPageViewable(BindingRequestHandler.java:371)

Solution: Place your webcenter project in a path with now spaces in its name

oracle.jbo.NoDefException: JBO-25002: Definition oracle.webcenter.portalapp.pages.homePageDef of type Form Binding Definition is not found.
          at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefObjectUsingMetadataObject(DefinitionManager.java:2703)
          at oracle.jbo.mom.DefinitionManager.findDefObjectUsingMetadataObject(DefinitionManager.java:2715)
          Caused by: oracle.mds.core.MetadataNotFoundException: MDS-00013: no metadata found for metadata object "/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pages/homePageDef.xml"
          at oracle.mds.core.MetadataObject.getBaseMO(MetadataObject.java:1163)
          at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.getBaseMO(MDSSession.java:2837)
          at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.getMetadataObject(MDSSession.java:1204).....

Solution: It only happens on my machine, so I delete the data in the Users > [Name] > AppData > Roaming > Jdeveloper > (everything inside here).Uninstall jdeveloper. Delete the whole Oracle Middleware folder. Reinstall Jdeveloper. Best thing that ever happened to me