1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 4:39 AM by Greig RSS

How to record only the Working window instead of recording the entire deskt

vijay john - oracle
      Hi,

Is it possible to record only the application window that we are working on?

I hope it is possible as in the pre-built content I have seen the screen with only the recorded application.

Please let me know where we need to set this option to record only the active window.

Thanks & Regards,
      Vijay.
        • 1. Re: How to record only the Working window instead of recording the entire deskt
          Greig
          Hi Vijay,

Good question - I couldn't figure it out, but I have found an alternative that could work for you - but it is tedious...
          Record your topic with the application in full-screen mode and then you should get the output you require, otherwise try the following:

1. Record your topic, and when you are done, access the "Topic Editing" toolbar - to switch it on or off in UPK select View --> Tooolbars --> "Topic Editing"
          2. On this toolbar, there is an icon that looks like a paintbrush over a whiteboard - when you hover over it, the caption reads "Edit Screenshot".
          3. Clicking on this loads your frame into MS Paint. From here, cut the image as you wish, then select Image --> Clear Image
          4. Then click Edit --> Paste to paste the screen print you cut
          5. Click File --> Save
          6. UPK will open again with your edited frame.

This is the closest I could get to finding you a solution - I hope it helps somewhat!

Regards,
          Greig