This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 11:55 PM by 927179 RSS

Oracle apps R12.1 Instalation issues

927179 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,
I tried installing the R12.1 on Linux 5.5 .
I have followed the note id 405565.1 and upgraded all the pataches before installing.

But i didn't do anything extra other than upgrading/installing RPM's.

Now while installing thru rapidwiz i got below error.

while doing post Installation check, it failed due to below error.
RW-50015: Error: - HTTP Listener is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet

actions taken till now;
1. Verified the hosts file entry.
2. i have read one thread, in that they mentioned to apply patch 6078836. but i am not able to download the patch.

can you please help me to find out the correct action items for this issue.

thanks,
Selva
  • 1. Re: Oracle apps R12.1 Instalation issues
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I tried installing the R12.1 on Linux 5.5 .
    I have followed the note id 405565.1 and upgraded all the pataches before installing.

But i didn't do anything extra other than upgrading/installing RPM's.
    You need to follow these docs.

32-bit --> Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1]
    64-bit --> Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]
    Now while installing thru rapidwiz i got below error.

while doing post Installation check, it failed due to below error.
    RW-50015: Error: - HTTP Listener is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet
    At what stage/step you get this error?

R12 Rapidwiz Postinstall Steps Http, Login page, Virtual directory, JSP, Help Page Fails [ID 414414.1]
    R12 Installation Post Steps: Apache Fails : RW-50015 Cannot Load Libphp4.So, Unresolved Symbols [ID 736689.1]
    actions taken till now;
    1. Verified the hosts file entry.
    2. i have read one thread, in that they mentioned to apply patch 6078836. but i am not able to download the patch.

can you please help me to find out the correct action items for this issue.
    Go to MOS website > Patches & Updates > Search for 6078836 and select Linux x86 and you will find the patch.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Oracle apps R12.1 Instalation issues
    927179 Newbie
    Hi ,

Yes, now i am able to resolved that error after installing the patch.
    Now i am not able to open oracle forms screen in Mozilla, it shows install plug in, but when i try to install plugin its not allowing.. Is there any article available to resolve this.

Its in Linux 5.5. And I tried accessing the URL from my windows machine, its not able to reach linux machine, would be great if anyone could share your expertise or any article related to that.

Thanks,
    Selva
  • 3. Re: Oracle apps R12.1 Instalation issues
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Now i am not able to open oracle forms screen in Mozilla, it shows install plug in, but when i try to install plugin its not allowing.. Is there any article available to resolve this.
    What about IE?

Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements in (Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 389422.1]) and follow the steps in the same doc to configure your browser.
    Its in Linux 5.5. And I tried accessing the URL from my windows machine, its not able to reach linux machine, would be great if anyone could share your expertise or any article related to that.
    Make sure firewall is disabled on the Linux machine.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Oracle apps R12.1 Instalation issues
    927179 Newbie
    Thanks a ton Hussein for your help.

All set.

Thanks again,
    Selva.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points