12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 4:25 AM by Prakash Kumar

PO approval using AME

Abdul Wahid
      Hi,

We are currently using R12 12.0.4 . PO approval is being done using approval hierarchies. Now there is need to add condition based approvals. For that I am looking to use AME. However, by R&D I came to know that only Requisition is using AME. Just want to confirm, can we use AME for PO approval process?

Abdul Wahid
        • 1. Re: PO approval using AME
          Mahendra
          Abdul Wahid wrote:
          Hi,

We are currently using R12 12.0.4 . PO approval is being done using approval hierarchies. Now there is need to add condition based approvals. For that I am looking to use AME. However, by R&D I came to know that only Requisition is using AME. Just want to confirm, can we use AME for PO approval process?

Abdul Wahid
          Correct..you can't use AME for PO...you can only use that for requisitions

HTH
          Mahendra
          • 2. Re: PO approval using AME
            Abdul Wahid
            Thanks Mahendra,

As requisitions are using AME, If we create purchase orders from requisitions (using auto po creation using requisition), can that help in any way to to bring AME in picture in PO approval?

Abdul Wahid
            http://iwidi.org
            • 3. Re: PO approval using AME
              Mahendra
              Abdul Wahid wrote:
              Thanks Mahendra,

As requisitions are using AME, If we create purchase orders from requisitions (using auto po creation using requisition), can that help in any way to to bring AME in picture in PO approval?

Abdul Wahid
              No..we have to enforce postion or job based hierarchy only for PO's..as far as my knowledge goes..

HTH
              Mahendra
              • 4. Re: PO approval using AME
                Abdul Wahid
                Thanks Mahendra,

There is need of condition based approval, for which our team has decided to go with AME. Hence want to explore, if there is some way by which we can bring AME in approval process for PO. I think I may have to go for workflow customization and add one node for AME approval. Is there any simpler approach? And what are your views about workflow customization approach?

Abdul Wahid
                • 5. Re: PO approval using AME
                  Mahendra
                  Abdul Wahid wrote:
                  Thanks Mahendra,

There is need of condition based approval, for which our team has decided to go with AME. Hence want to explore, if there is some way by which we can bring AME in approval process for PO. I think I may have to go for workflow customization and add one node for AME approval. Is there any simpler approach? And what are your views about workflow customization approach?

Abdul Wahid
                  Abdul

I am not that much into technical aspects of workflow..so can't advise you on that...we will wait for someone to respond...can you share what extra condition you wanna enforce again in PO's when all or some of your conditions are taken care with AME approvals at the time of req...

Thanks
                  Mahendra
                  • 6. Re: PO approval using AME
                    Paarthy-Oracle
                    Hi Abdul,
                    AME approval cannot be used on PO's. Can you share your requirement with condition based approval, so that we can try what best can be done!
                    • 7. Re: PO approval using AME
                      Abdul Wahid
                      Hi Paarthy,

Requirement is something like this..
                      If purchase rates are centrally approved, then approval flow is approver1->Approver2>Approver3....
                      If purchase rates are not centrally approve, then approval flow is approX1->approX2>approX3..

Further, these are organization specific case. For other organization, there is to be different approval flow.

Abdul Wahid
                      • 8. Re: PO approval using AME
                        Abdul Wahid
                        Thanks Mahendra,

I am sharing requirement in above post. I am lesser in functional aspects. Hence please let me know if my explanation is not correct. I may consult with functional guy and try to
                        explain in normal ways.

Abdul Wahid
                        • 9. Re: PO approval using AME
                          Abdul Wahid
                          Discussed with functional people. Here is better explanation...

If rates or item is centrally approved, approval flow should be A->B->E->F
                          If rates or item is not centrally approved, approval flow should be B->C->D->E->F

Abdul Wahid
                          • 10. Re: PO approval using AME
                            Mahendra
                            Abdul Wahid wrote:
                            Discussed with functional people. Here is better explanation...

If rates or item is centrally approved, approval flow should be A->B->E->F
                            If rates or item is not centrally approved, approval flow should be B->C->D->E->F

Abdul Wahid
                            Can you be more specific on rates..centrally approved...what do you mean here??

Mahendra
                            • 11. Re: PO approval using AME
                              Abdul Wahid
                              Centrally approved means rates are already fixed and the suppliers are the approved suppliers.
                              • 12. Re: PO approval using AME
                                Prakash Kumar
                                Hi Abdul,

Is it required to automate the solution? If not then the you can have two hierarchies in place, and while approving the PO the user needs to select the correct hierarchy.

Or else you have to customize the workflow based on the condition like if the supplier/item combination belongs to the ASL list and is valid, it should follow a certain hierarchy, otherwise it should follow the default hierarchy.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks
                                Prakash Kumar