4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2012 10:37 AM by JRevyakin

Cannot Create GTC Connector Due To java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

Hi All,

I have imported GTC connector for Flat file from OIM 9.1.x and successfully imported into OIM 11.1.1.5.0 BP02. When I open this GTC in manage GTC connector tab, provided the staging, archiving path and all the details. After clicking on continue button it gives following errors :

A system error occurred. Contact the Oracle Identity Manager System Administrator.

In Logs
      <Mar 30, 2012 4:02:50 PM EDT> <Error> <XELLERATE.WEBAPP> <BEA-000000> <Class/Method: CreateConnectorAction/imageScreen encounter some problems: >
      java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
      at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:375)
      at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:468)

I have also created all the custom attributes which are in OIM 9.1.x to OIM 11g. I also followed the Metalink ID: 1269755.1, which says this is due to mismatch of user configuration in MDS Repository and DB repository of OIM and you have created custom attributes in OIM which is not get updated in SDC table.

But in my case all the custom attributes which is true in user.xml is present in SDC table, still I am getting same error.

Regards,
      Amit Kumar
        • 1. Re: Cannot Create GTC Connector Due To java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
          Rajiv Dewan
          Check Metalink Note: 1287024.1

I hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: Cannot Create GTC Connector Due To java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
            Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your prompt reply..

But I don't have any decimals or hour attribute in user form. The error came before mapping imageScreen is shown. When I was going through the user.xml which is exported from MDS as specified in Metalink:

Open the file User.xml in a text editor and for all attributes that have the "custom" property set to "true", that are present in the results of the query from point 1 for SDC table (select SDC_KEY, upper(SDC_NAME) as SDC_NAME from SDC where SDC_VERSION = 0 and sdk_key=3;). The error mentioned above is caused by the fact that User.xml has an attribute with "custom" property set to "true" that is NOT in the results of query from point 1. When you found the attribute, remove the sections from User.xml:

By checking all this I found that attribute Full Name custom is set to true which entry is not in SDC table. So I deleted the details for Full Name from user.xml as mentioned in metalink. Then again I tried to create GTC but again same error.

I imported all the MDS data and deleted all the data related to imported OIM 9.x GTC (/db/MP_AUTHRECON_GTC, /db/MP_AUTHRECON_GTC.xml, /db/MP_AUTHRECON_GTC_backup, /db/RA_MPAUTHRECONGTC21.xml) and restarted the OIM server but no luck still the same error.

Regards,
            Amit Kumar

Edited by: Amit Kumar on Apr 1, 2012 4:52 AM
            • 3. Re: Cannot Create GTC Connector Due To java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
              Hi All,

On further findings on this issue, I found that user.xml (OIM 9.x) imported in OIM 11g is successful but many fields in OIM 9.x has Lookup code attached with it in user form but after import there is no lookup attached with user form in OIM 11g. Is this create any problem. I am successfully able to create user in OIM manually.
              • 4. Re: Cannot Create GTC Connector Due To java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
                JRevyakin
                Did you resolve this NumberFormatException for creation?