3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 6:18 PM by 977346 RSS

OCI initialization failed: Error due to failure of ttOCIEnvNlsCreate

Hi,

I am trying to connect to TimesTen database (on Aix Server) from a Aix client with parameter PassThrough=3.
      i.e I want to send the query to Oracle.

I am getting the following message.
      Can anybody help me on this?

5105: OCI initialization failed: Error due to failure of ttOCIEnvNlsCreate (called from ttBDbEnvAlloc/ttBDbInit).
      5109: Cache Connect general error: BDB connection not open.

=================================================================================
      Connection successful: DSN=cache2;TTC_SERVER=POC;TTC_SERVER_DSN=cachehr;UID=abc;DATASTORE=/data01/TimesTen/DB/TTDB;DATABASECHARACTERSET=US7ASCII;CONNECTIONCHARACTERSET=US7ASCII;PASSTHROUGH=3;TYPEMODE=0;ORACLENETSERVICENAME=TTTGT;
      (Default setting AutoCommit=1)

Command> select * from dual;
      5105: OCI initialization failed: Error due to failure of ttOCIEnvNlsCreate (called from ttBDbEnvAlloc/ttBDbInit).
      5109: Cache Connect general error: BDB connection not open.
      The command failed.
      ====================================================================================

I checked the LD_LIBARARY_PATH and LIB_PATH. They are pointing to correct folders.

When PassThrough=0 queries are running fine. When I am tyring to send the query to oracle, I am getting the above error message.

When i connect with ttisql (with direct DSN) on timesten server , query is running fine (passthrough=3).

DATABASECHARACTERSET is same as in TT datastore (US7ASCII)

Thanks
      Venkat