This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
on standby serer.
1. You must install oracle software only.
2. Create a instance for standby database
3. Startup standby database nomount with pfile (pfile is created on primary database and changed for standby)
4. Mount standby controlfile (Constrol file is created on primary database for standby with - alter database create standby controlfile as '/location/...')
5. Restore database
6. Create data guard configuration with DGMGRL
7. Add Primary and Standby Database to this Data Guard Configuration
Mahir M. Quluzade
p.s. if you want watch my a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5keahpkzLtM
906621 wrote:If you just install OS, it wont be enough, you should have control files, data files, standby redo log files.
OS: RHEL 4.8
I have done all the preliminary steps in the primary database like...
creating standy redo loo.
etc....as per the documentation....
my problem is what about the standby system not db...i mean the node or os....
i have installed rhel 4.8 and the db 10.2.0.4 ...
In the standby os....am i have to create a db or only the oracle installation is enough....?
anyway...i have to copy all the datafiles and controlfile and pfile from primary os...
Then only it can communicated.
Refer this link to create/configuring standby database
Installing OS does not get in the standby database. You need to create the instance, take the standby backup of primary and restore it on the standby server.
Might be helpful !
What I would do is make sure my Standby server on the OS level is similar
Same directory structure if possible
At this point you have several options.
1. You can shutdown the primary and SCP all the files over, tablepsace, control files, init, redo and password file to the correct locations on the Standby
2. You can use RMAN to Duplicate the database for Standby
For option 1 which is more manual you can use these notes :
For option 2 you can use these notes :
Are you able to finish?
Edited by: mseberg on Apr 6, 2012 10:46 AM