3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2012 1:30 AM by Satya Ranki Reddy RSS

OBIEE 10g - Dashboard Prompt Calender Date Format

Hi,

In OBIEE 10.1.3.4.2. I am using a dashboard prompt of calender type which display the date as 'MM/DD/YYYY' in the Text Field meant for prompt.
      This value is passed to the direct database request using a presentation variable.

In the query, it is received in the format 'YYYY-MM-DD' but my requirement is that the prompt value should be received in the format 'MM/DD/YYYY'.

Please advice how to do it.

Thanks & regards
      Nitin Aggarwal
        • 1. Re: OBIEE 10g - Dashboard Prompt Calender Date Format
          MKKrishna
          user Timestampadd ' @{pv1} ' as workaround
          • 2. Re: OBIEE 10g - Dashboard Prompt Calender Date Format
            Thanks for reply,

My issue is that there are a bulk of reports which are working fine with older version of OBIEE 10g.
            I did a new installation and facing this issue. Now, its not possible to change all the reports or prompts.

What I need is a way may be a change in some script so that date selected in calender is passed in the same format to query via presentation variable.

Like in calender, its in the format 'MM/DD/YYYY' whereas in query its being passed as 'YYYY-MM-DD' which is creating the issue. I want the value selected in calender to be received in the format 'MM/DD/YYYY'.

Please help.

Thanks & regards
            Nitin Aggarwal
            • 3. Re: OBIEE 10g - Dashboard Prompt Calender Date Format
              Satya Ranki Reddy
              HI,

Evaluate Function
              EVALUATE function can be used in OBIEE to directly to call a Database Function from OBIEE Answers

Syntax:-EVALUATE('your db function(%1,%2)', parameter list)
              ---%1 and %2 are no.of parameters (in this example 2 parameters will be passed to the database function)

%1, ..., %X means - x number of parameters will be passed, and the values for those parameters will be passed in the parameter list.

Example:

EVALUATE('TO_CHAR(%1,%2)' ,"Dim- Date".Start Date,'DD-MON-YY')
              or
              EVALUATE('TO_CHAR(%1,%2)' AS CHARACTER ( 30 ), "Dim- Date".Start Date, 'MON-YY')

http://www.varanasisaichand.com/2010/01/how-to-change-data-format-to-our-custom.html

Awards points it is useful.

Thanks,
              Satya
              http://www.varanasisaichand.com/2010/01/how-to-change-data-format-to-our-custom.html

Award P