This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 1:05 PM by Mehmet Sevinc RSS

EPM 11.1.2 Shared Services not sync up with EAS console security

727930 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I've provisioned a native group to specific databases in Shared Services within EPM version 11.1.2. But when I go to Essbase->Security for the group, I see that the group also has access to extra databases that I didn't provisioned in Shared Services. I went back into Shared Services and checked that both the group and users within the group are not provisioned to those extra databases, which they are not. So I'm not sure where the extra databases that the group has access to came from.

Please help....I'm not sure where else to check or look at the connection between the databases that were provisioned versu not provisioned.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: EPM 11.1.2 Shared Services not sync up with EAS console security
    Mehmet Sevinc Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hmm this is interesting...

I would deprovision the group first and make sure it has no access to Essbase anymore. Then I would provision the group with the correct database. Do you still see the below issue? I have no idea how the group got access to other databases.

I would also check the log files to try to find out how the group got provisioned for the other databases. I am not sure which log file would have this information though. Maybe John, or someone else can direct you there.

Cheers,
    Mehmet

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points