1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 7:15 AM by 929533 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: How to cancel the sales order - header and line status are in Entered Stage
        User315731
        Hi Mohammed,
        I am not sure why you require to keep headers cancel and lines in open state.Does not make any sense!!

As such Oracle wont let you to cancel the lines when order is booked.
        Unless and untill you modify the processing constraints system wont accpet this change.
        if order is in entered state the if you cancel at headers then line gets cancelled aswell.

You have one more option while cancelling at headers called"Cancel remaining lines"
        This will keep the order open and lines cancelled.This you can do even when Order is in only in booked status.(not in picked/shippped status)

Thanks
        -Arif.
        • 16. Re: How to cancel the sales order - header and line status are in Entered Stage
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          926530 wrote:
          Is it possible to cancel a sales order in header status without cancelling the pending lines ?.
          I need this because this sales order are related to agreements, if i cancel the pending lines this will affect the value of sales order.
          If you cancel a header, it means ALL lines are canceled. If you don't want new lines to be added and if you want to keep existing lines, then you should close the order (not cancel it)

Sandeep Gandhi
          • 17. Re: How to cancel the sales order - header and line status are in Entered Stage
            Dear Mr.Sandeep/Mahendra/Arif,

Thanks for all your supports and help.

Here how it is worked.

Always i was trying to cancel the SO# thorugh Actions-Cancel-Cancel Remaining lines (Check)-Select reason-OK.
            This option works for "booked" orders only, for "Entered" status orders, it just changes the qty to zero and the header and lines remain in "Entered" status.

To cancel the SO# with "Entered status we should go as Actions-Cancel-Select reason-OK.
            Dont check the "Cancel Remaining lines".the status will change to cancelled in header and lines.

At last i am able to cancel all the old 450 orders which were in entered status and was coming in my backlog report.
            Due to this i was always forced to make the report manually from order organizer.

Regards
            Mohamed Irshad
            Abu Dhabi
            1 2 Previous Next