1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2012 8:10 PM by Udo

Oracle Apex installation and configuration issue.

Naeem Akhtar
      Hi,

Following are the details of my system.

O.S Windows 7 64bit
      Database 11 g R2
      apex ver 4.1.1
      listener : apex stand alone listener
      jdk 6 u 26

I create tablespace named apex.

install apex using @apexins apex apex temp /images/

change apex admin password.

set http port to 0 with procedure.

execute acl script.

start apex standalone listener by following command.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\bin\java" -Dapex.home=C:\apex_temp -Dapex.port=8081 -Dapex.images=C:\oracle\db11g\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\apex\images -jar C:\oracle\listener\apex.war

configure listener with database.

After these things I am unable to login to apex.

when I browser the page.

localhost:8081/apex

nothing happen (blank page)

I also copy the images from apex extracted folder to apex directory under database but no success.

I also execute apexldimage script and that script executed successfully but no success.

I do lot of search from internet and do the different workout mentions on either otn etc but no success.

Please help me to get rid of this issue.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Oracle Apex installation and configuration issue.
          Udo
          Hi,

thanks to your complete report it seems easy to get a grip on your problem:
          install apex using @apexins apex apex temp /images/
          That's basically okay, but you can't use this images prefix with APEX Listener in Standalone Mode. The embedded web container used (currently) supports only a static context for both APEX ( +/apex/+ ) and the images ( +/i/+ - which is the default images prefix, by the way).
          I also execute apexldimage script and that script executed successfully but no success.
          That's not surprising, because this content is just useful when using the Embedded PL/SQL Gateway (EPG) to access your APEX. APEX Listener will use the contents of the directory you've defined with
          -Dapex.images=C:\oracle\db11g\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\apex\images
          So, you either have one of the following two options:
          1) change the images prefix of your APEX instance (execute the script reset_image_prefix.sql in the utilities directory of your APEX installation package using sqlplus as sys)
          2) put a proxy in front of your APEX Listener that reverse proxies the +/apex/+ context and either servers +/images/+ or proxies it to the +/i/+ context of APEX Listener

I'd recommend option 1)

-Udo