10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 3:21 PM by 871137

PO Accruals

Hi,

We have issue with few Pos which were finally closed in jun 2011 but still they goyt accrued in month of NOV 11.

these POs are expense items and accrued at period end and qty billed is 0 for all POs.

Shipment lines also with fully received status.

Not sure on why POs got accrued late in NOV11 and what has trigerred it to happen and stopn from dec 2011 onwards.

Can some one throw some light on this if they have faced this issue earlier as I am not much familiar with PO accruals and also please let me know If I need to check anything else apart from mentioned.

Thanks
      Vasudha.
        • 1. Re: PO Accruals
          Paarthy-Oracle
          Are you in 11i or R12?
          Do check whether closed_date is populated for the po line.

Question: What are the conditions that need to be satisfied for the Receipt Accrual-Period end program to generate the accrual entries?

Answer: Receipt Accrual Period End Program picks all POs with accrued_flag in po_distributions_all as N and satisfying the below conditions as on the last date of the Period specified on the period_name parameter while submitting the program.
          As of last date of the period for which the Receipt Accrual Period End program is submitted, quantity received should be greater than quantity billed.
          CLOSED_DATE, if any, should be greater than the last date of the period concerned.(This validation will be as per the current data ie., if a PO is closed and then reopened, this will be not considered as closed by the program ) and CLOSED_CODE should not be CLOSED or FINALLY CLOSED
          Accrue_on_receipt_flag on PO shipments and PO distributions should be 'N'
          Accrued_flag column on PO_distributions table should be 'N' or Null (This validation will be as per the current data.

Use the query given below to verify these data for a PO to confirm whether it is eligible to get accrued or not.

select pll.closed_code, pll.closed_date, pll.accrue_on_receipt_flag, pd.accrued_flag from po_distributions_all pd, po_line_locations_all pll where pll.line_location_id = pd.line_location_id and pll.po_header_id = &Po_header_id

Edited by: Paarthy on Apr 14, 2012 10:47 PM
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PO Accruals
            Hi Paarthy,

we are in 11i and closed date populated in po lines.

Please find the PO statusus at levels as below.

Header – Finally closed

Lines – Finally closed

Shipments – closed for receiving

Distributions –closed for receiving.

And all Pos are closed on 28th nun 2011 and qty billed is 0.

With query you have given closed code is closed for receiving, closed date is 28th jun11 , accrue on receipt glag is N and accrued flag is N.

But these Po are last accrued on , so need a reason why they accrued late and what stopped them in accruing after this date.

PO     Last Accrual Date
            900057417      Nov-11
            900091613      May-11
            900091619     May-11
            900093645     Jun-11

Thanks
            vasudha.
            • 3. Re: PO Accruals
              Hi Paarthy,

These POs are manually set to finally closed on 28th jun 2011.

Period close for jun was 4th july and for may was 6th jun 2011.

thanks
              vasudha.
              • 4. Re: PO Accruals
                Hi Paarthy,

And also out of 4 POs for one PO Accrued flag is null, Can you please let me know what does it mean??

Thanks
                vasudha.
                • 5. Re: PO Accruals
                  Paarthy-Oracle
                  Hi Vasudha,
                  will you please let us know, where did you check the last accrued date?
                  Are you using any report?
                  • 6. Re: PO Accruals
                    Hi Paarthy,

We came to know the issue , this PO is migrated from another instance and receipts not migrated.But Po finally closed.

Now as shipments and distributions are still in status closed for receiving not closed , so bcoz of this reason accruals are not getting stopped.

Can you please let me know if there is a way that we can change status of shipment and distributions to closed even the PO is finally closed.

Thanks
                    Vasudha.
                    • 7. Re: PO Accruals
                      Mahendra
                      you will not be able to change or do modification on a finally closed PO

HTH
                      Mahendra
                      • 8. Re: PO Accruals
                        Hi,

But is there any workaround so that we can stop this PO from getting accrued??

Thanks
                        Vasudha.
                        • 9. Re: PO Accruals
                          Mahendra
                          868134 wrote:
                          Hi,

But is there any workaround so that we can stop this PO from getting accrued??

Thanks
                          Vasudha.
                          You even can't open the finally closed PO..
                          Am not sure whether they can be updated from backend..unless oracle says it's ok
                          I think you need to log a oracle SR for datafix

HTH
                          Mahendra
                          1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: PO Accruals
                            Hi,

Ok Thanks guys , will raise an SR.

Thanks
                            Vasudha.