9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 6:01 AM by 929956 RSS

ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

Hi,
      I've an application on VC++ using Oracle 8.1.7 client database. application triggers the query which gives below error always:

I was thinking to solve the problem by changing the ODBC settings in ODBC sources, I'd like to uncheck the "Enable Query Timeout" option, However, issue is not resolved. I tried to place sqlnet.query_timeout = 0, still error coming

Have someone any idea How can I fix my ORA-01013 error and ODBC error? it is very critical for my application. i am trying to resolve it for longer time, but no solution found yet.

Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
          sb92075
          926953 wrote:
          Hi,
          I've an application on VC++ using Oracle 8.1.7 client database. application triggers the query which gives below error always:

I was thinking to solve the problem by changing the ODBC settings in ODBC sources, I'd like to uncheck the "Enable Query Timeout" option, However, issue is not resolved. I tried to place sqlnet.query_timeout = 0, still error coming

Have someone any idea How can I fix my ORA-01013 error and ODBC error? it is very critical for my application. i am trying to resolve it for longer time, but no solution found yet.

Thanks in advance!
          using Oracle 8.1.7 client database.
          upgrade to an Oracle version that is supported in current Century.
          • 2. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
            Fran
            like sb92075 told you, you must upgrade Oracle version.

ORA-01013 can success because an user does "ctrl+c" or can be a sql timeout.

If it is caused by timeout you must altered the timeout parameter to a higher value and the problem will be solved.
            • 3. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
              Thanks Fran and sb92075 for the helping me.

Error is coming due to timeout.

Can you please advise, where i can set sqltimeout? which parameter? and to which values, it needs to be set?

Thanks for your help and support in advance

JP
              • 4. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
                Girish Sharma
                To answer you, I searched the net and found below couple of solutions :

Try using the .net providers for Oracle instead of ODBC

System.Data.OracleClient
                or
                Oracle.DataAccess.Client

Try with using :
                objConnection.CommandTimeout = 0

Also watch for un-indexed foreign keys on child tables of any table you are updating/deleting.

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/65248/0/
                And the last reply by JRowbottom

Regards
                Girish Sharma
                • 5. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
                  Hi Pl refer to the following MOS notes:

FAQ: Cause and Avoidance of ORA-1013 with ODBC, OLEDB, ODP.NET, JDBC, OCI and OCCI - Including 3rd Party Products [ID 759702.1]

Regards....

Raj
                  • 6. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
                    Thanks to all the qucik replies.

Please be informed that i am using VC++ code.

when query is triggered which retrives less number records, it works smoothly. However, when query is triggered which retrives lareg number of records. I got ORA_01013 timeout error.,

i am using below query:
                    SELECT LTRIM(RTRIM(product_nr)) AS PN,
                              LTRIM(RTRIM(pl_cd)) AS PL,
                              '1' AS PRIORITY,
                              paper_w/1000 AS PAPER,
                         other_w/1000 AS OTHER
                              FROM planet.dec_report_single,shipments_tmp
                              Where LTRIM(RTRIM(product_nr)) = shipments_tmp.product
                              UNION
                              SELECT
                              LTRIM(RTRIM(product)) AS PN,
                              LTRIM(RTRIM(actual_prodline)) AS PL,
                              '2' AS PRIORITY,
                              paper_w/1000 AS PAPER,
                              other_w/1000 AS OTHER
                              FROM shipments_tmp,planet.pack_class_info
                              Where LTRIM(RTRIM(pack_class_id)) = UPPER(shipments_tmp.actual_prodline)||'-DEFAULT'
                              ORDER BY PRIORITY ASC";
                    • 7. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
                      Hi,
                      I am not sure but please check for the SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME in sqlnet.ora (Any chance to upgrade to higher versions??). Also, looks either or one of the query in the union needs to be tuned as it may be spending too much time in fetching records. Please post a tuning request with the explain plans.

Thanks and Regards,
                      Raj..
                      • 8. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
                        ORA-01013 this is oracle internal properties. If ur query is running more that one hour it'll give this error. I mean to say if u r executing anything and if it couldn't be completed within one hour due to some technical reason then after one hour u'll be getting this error. May be ur query is expecting something which it is not getting and it keeps on waiting for one hour and after that u r getting the same error.

So I wud suggest plz check ur query where exactly it is taking time and accordingly rectify it.
                        • 9. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
                          Ok.. Let me check and will get back to you.. thank you for the help