0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 12:13 PM by 930006 RSS

VS2010, Entity Framework, and TNS Less connection strings

I am playing around with the Oracle 11g ODP.NET stuff and the Visual Studio 2010 integration. I am trying to create and entity data model, but I am connecting to a RAC cluster with a TNS Less connection string (Example at bottom). Previously I've had to use Oracle's OLE DB drivers to connect, however I would love to be able to leverage the Entity Framework in my next project. When I go to create a new connection in my VS project, the Connection Properties dialog pops up with option to choose the Data Source. I choose Oracle, but then I don't see a way to connect in the way that I have to. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Connection String Example:
      Data Source=(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = someHost.prod.someDomain.net)(PORT = 9991)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = someHost2.prod.someDomain.net)(PORT = 9991)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = someHost3.prod.someDomain.net)(PORT = 9991)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = someHost4.prod.someDomain.net)(PORT = 9991)) (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = myService.myDomain.com)));User Id=myUser;Password=myPassword;