1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 9:29 AM by Bm

Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener

Bm
      Hi,

I installed apex on a remote linux machine using apex listener. The last step I performed was installing apex listener. From my pc I used the url for configuring the listener. I applied the changes, but when it redirects the apex page does not render. Also I tried accessing the apex_admin page but does not work.

This is what I got once I set the Listener configuration:
      PropertyCheckInterval=60
      ValidateConnection=true
      MinLimit=1
      MaxLimit=10
      InitialLimit=3
      AbandonedConnectionTimeout=900
      MaxStatementsLimit=10
      InactivityTimeout=1800
      MaxConnectionReuseCount=1000

Please help and thanks.

Bm
        • 1. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
          Udo
          Hi Bm,

unfortunately you didn't provide much information about your APEX Listener installation. It would be helpful to know which version you've installed on which OS using which JEE Container with which JDK version.
          Also, it would be interesting to get a full log from startup to the point where you try to access APEX Listener the first time. You've just posted the output of the JDBC parameters that are logged...

My first guess would be that your static contents ("images") is either not in the path you've configured or that path is not readable by the OS user that runs APEX Listeners JEE Container or it does not fit to the APEX version you are trying to access...

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
            Bm
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply...
            I am installing apex 4.1. The database version is Oracle 11g. This is installed on Oracle VM Machine.
            I configured the apex listener 1.1.3 on windows machine. Please help as I am able to get the apex page but the admin user is just not logging in.
            Since the apex page is rendering properly, so I assume that the images have been set properly.

Thanks,
            Bm
            • 3. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
              Bm
              Hi,

Now I configured the listener on my machine. And the apex page is rendering but the Admin user is unable to log-in.

Bm
              • 4. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                Richard Martens
                What exactly do you mean by installed the listener?

Are you saying that you start the listener "stand-alone"?

Maybe my blog can help you out as well: http://www.warp11.nl/2011/05/fully-freeware-apex-environment-iii-the-apex-listener/

Regards,
                Richard Martens
                • 5. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                  Bm
                  Hi,

Yes I configured the listener "Stand-alone". Now I see the admin login page. But I am unable to log-in as Admin. It says invalid credentials.
                  I have changes and set the password for admin user by running this script @apxchpwd.
                  Please Help

Bm
                  • 6. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                    Richard Martens
                    Bm,

have a look at the blog.

Did you finish the http://localhost:8080/apex/listenerConfigure step?

regards,
                    Richard
                    • 7. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                      Bm
                      Yes,

I completed the step. Now when I try to access the apex/listenerAdmin page they are read only.

Bm
                      • 8. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                        Richard Martens
                        do you need to log-in when trying to get into the "listenerAdmin" page

Regards,
                        Richard
                        -----
                        blog: http://blog.warp11.nl
                        twitter: @rhjmartens
                        If this question is answered, please mark the thread as closed and assign points where earned..
                        • 9. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                          Bm
                          Yes it asked me. And I entered the admin user credentials. it worked.
                          • 10. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                            Richard Martens
                            - what did you enter in your "Connections" tab?
                            - I allways use the APEX_PUBLIC_USER account
                            - But i do make sure the password is altered and the account is unlocked

Regards,
                            Richard
                            -----
                            If this question is answered, please mark the thread as closed and assign points where earned..
                            • 11. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                              Udo
                              Bm,

please summarize the current status of your installation. The last posts seem to be a bit confusing, and you didn't answer all my questions yet...
                              From your various posts, I gathered the following:
                              - APEX 4.1 in Oracle Database 11g (Edition, Release?) on a Oracle VM (OS?)
                              - APEX Listener 1.1.3 in Standalone Mode on a Windows machine (JDK?)
                              I am able to get the apex page but the admin user is just not logging in.
                              So your images are being used. Please clarify which "admin user" you are referring to.
                              Now when I try to access the apex/listenerAdmin page they are read only.
                              You are able to login to listenerAdmin using the credentials you've entered upon the first startup of APEX Listener in Standalone Mode. The database access parameters will always be "read only". You can only configure them once using +/listenerConfigure+ for initialization. Afterwards, it's not possible to change these values at runtime. You need to stop APEX Listener and edit these values in apex-config.xml if necessary. All other settings, like JDBC parameters, security, caching, etc. can be configured in +/listenerAdmin+ .
                              After all it seems that this is not the "admin user" you meant...
                              I have changes and set the password for admin user by running this script @apxchpwd.
                              This script is for resetting the password for the APEX Instance admin (usually called by +/apex_admin+ ). Note that this is not the same user you use to login to +/listenerAdmin+ . This user is always named "ADMIN" and is used for the APEX internal administration, e.g. creating new workspaces or configuring parameters for your APEX Instance.

So, my guess is, you've mixed up something here, and I'm not sure if there actually is any problem left or if it's just the confusion that some parameters are read only in +/listenerAdmin+ .

-Udo
                              • 12. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                                Bm
                                Hi,

My Database version Oracle 11g R2 which is installed on a Oracle VM Redhat. Java version "1.6.0_20".

Right now I am unable to login as apex admin. I understand that the listener admin and the apex admin are different. So my basic concern was if I have changed the apex admin password why is it not allowing me to login as apex admin user.

Is there a necessary to restart the database after installing apex ?
                                what else I can try so login as apex admin.
                                • 13. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                                  Bm
                                  Hi Richard,

Yes I unlocked the APEX_PUBLIC_USER and I am using this user to configure the Listener.

Regards,
                                  BM
                                  • 14. Re: Apex Admin Page Not found after installing apex listener
                                    Richard Martens
                                    BM,

Please try to run your @apxchpwd again. (you could have made a typo?)

now go to your regular apex login-screen and try using your credentials from the @apxchpwd to log in into the "INTERNAL" workspace.

Regards,
                                    Richard
                                    -----
                                    1 2 Previous Next