This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
What version RAC/database? Just curious, but why does it matter that in only run on one node? If it is a file system write issue, use ACFS (11.2.0.x) to create a shared file system that all nodes can see. You can use "asmca" to create it.
When submitting the job from OEM Database Control (or Grid Control), there should be a way to set the INSTANCE_ID for the job. See the docs at:
Rac is 11.2.
I need to run a script to purge a directory on one node and then execute a procedure to generate a file in the same node.
I cannot specify an instance_id in job definition because if the node is down the procedure doesn't work.
Again, If it is a file system write issue, use ACFS (11.2.0.x) to create a shared file system that all nodes can see. What are you using to delete/create these files? A shell script?
1) create an ACFS file system of sufficient size to handle your data
2) mkdir /some/acfs/location
3) using sqlplus create a database directory " create directory foo as '/some/acfs/location' "
4) put the file in this location
5) use UTL_FILE to delete AND create the file (see fremove() - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e10577/u_file.htm)
i cannot use ACFS.
I'm using a custon shell script.
Now i force it to use a single node.
create a service that runs on specific node and use that service to schedule a job