This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Upgrading OPA Web Determinations requires that you merge any changes with the new version.
1. Make sure you keep a new copy of the existing Web app
2. If you have made changes to any of the template (*.vm) files you must merge those changes into the new Web Determinations templates. These do change between versions
3. If you have made changes to any in configuration, you must merge those changes into the new Web Determinations. Once again, these do change between versions.
4. Any plugins or extensions must be recompiled against the new version libraries (dll, or jars).
5. All rulebases will need to b re-compiled in the matching OPM version
For the template and properties changes you should use a text comparison tool like WinMerge (http://winmerge.org/) to help you cope with any complexity. Mostly, you should expect that the plugins or extensions will require no changes, or minor ones, but you do need to retest them against a new version.
For Determinations Server you probably only need to worry about Steps 4 and 5, although if you have made any configuration/properties file changes (step 3) you will need merge those changes as well.