This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
The EC can be in a Solaris 10 (whole root) or Solaris 11 non-global zone. The proxy(ies) can be in a S11 non-global zone, but NOT in a S10 NGZ...
From the installation manual ~http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27363_01/doc.121/e25140/planning-shared.htm#OPCSO229
When you use the Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center software's user interface to create or discover a zone, the software has full access to the zone configuration data and can manage the zone. Zones are displayed in the product's Asset tree and are labeled by type.
Do not use the software to create or manage zones if your site uses Boot Environments to update operating systems of zones. Alternate Boot Environment (ABE) is not supported for zones or for the Enterprise Controller or Proxy Controller systems.
Do not install a Proxy Controller in a non-global zone if you intend to use the product to provision operating systems or firmware.
You can install the Enterprise Controller software on a non-global zone but with these constraints:
- The non-global zone must be a whole root zone.
- The Proxy Controller cannot be located in the same zone.
- The Proxy Controller cannot be located in the global zone that supports the Enterprise Controller's non-global zone.
- No Agent Controller software can be installed on the global zone that supports the Enterprise Controller's non-global zone.
Edited by: 3sth3r_m on 16-Apr-2012 01:33
The EC in a zone and the PxCtl in the global zone on OC11g worked, but fails in 12c.
I liked this setup as a zone rollback is easy/fast to get you're EC errors undone. Moving the EC is as easy as moving a zone.
Out of curiosity tried it.
1. Get patch patchadd 125138-33 from MOS, unpack and apply in the global zone
2. failure is on ipmitool installation (don't know why as installation by hand succeeds).
# pkgadd -d /var/tmp/xvmoc_full_bundle/SunOS_i386/Product/components/packages/ipmitool-126.96.36.199-3-solaris2.10-i386.pkg
The PxCtl installation fails on initial configuration, but a second try from the GUI worked.
Then things went wrong in the GUI as OC sees two systems and not one, also stumbled on a bug with 'name' property not known
to inetd service in SMF.
Pitty it does not work.