1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 3:24 AM by gimbal2 RSS

latest Java XML technology

Hi, can anyone tell me what's the latest Java XML technology? Is there anything similar to .NET DataSet? I know SDO has a feature "changeSummary" to make the update of XML data easy. But it looks SDO is not popular now (correct me if I am wrong). Is JAXB the only popular framework for Java XML? Is it as powerful as .NET DataSet? Thanks
        • 1. Re: latest Java XML technology
          gimbal2
          Dude, this is a Java forum. Do you really expect people to know .NET stuff?

JAXB is an API, not a framework. Its not popular, its part of the JEE spec which basically makes it a given to use it. You can use it to do XML binding stuff; nothing more, nothing less. It is used by several other APIs to do the XML binding stuff, like JAX-WS. When used properly you can quite effectively bind XML documents to an Object hierarchy and the other way around.

A piece of advice: if you want to do Java stuff, forget .NET exists. If you can't do that, at least stop doing that "I do it like this in .NET, how I do it in Java?" way of thinking. You have a problem which needs to be solved, go find something that works.