10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 6:55 AM by 846684 RSS

Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities

user-Keen
      Dear,

We are on 11.5.10, right now we have a requirement to restrict element Basic, House and utility only should be opened 'Payroll Earning Elements' responsibility,

Is there any option to show only above element only for mention responsibility?

Please any advice.

--thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
        • 1. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
          Peddi
          You can't restrict the elements based on the responsibilities.

Regards,
          Peddi.
          • 2. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
            user-Keen
            Thanks for reply,

Could you please mention any level (user, application or sites) etc where we can restrict it, or any other possible way besides that?

Please share.

--thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
            • 3. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
              iavinash.com
              Hi,

I think you can restrict is using Task Flow.

1. Navigate to HRMS --> Security --> Custom Form
              2. Form to be customized would be : Element Entry
              3. Restrict it on element set.
              4. Attcah the customozed form with function.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
              Avinash
              • 4. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
                Peddi
                Yes, you can restrict the Element Entries using custom form as Avinash suggested.

But still you can't be able to restrict the elements based on the responsibility.

Regards,
                Peddi.
                • 5. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
                  iavinash.com
                  The restriction can also be based on responsibility.
                  First create a custom form as explained earlier and then create a new task flow node using that custom form as follows:-

Name : XX_ELEMENT
                  Form : Element Entry
                  Customization : <your custom form name created earlier>

then search the task flow attached with the your responsibility (where you want this restriction) and attach the node <XX_ELEMENT> under the node NASSIGN.
                  remove/hide the original node ELEMENTS. Now save the work.

Following this steps you would be able to see only those elements attached with the element set.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                  Avinash
                  • 6. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
                    user-Keen
                    Thanks for reply,

I have created Task flow Node under the Security menu, however, when i call it in task flow definition is not being appeared, could you please tell me is there any request to populate in node definition

--thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                    • 7. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
                      iavinash.com
                      Hi,

First you need to add your custom node in your task flow (just like AASSIGN). And then serch the NASSIGN under your custom task flow and then attach.
                      For example lets say your task flow name attached with responsibility is "XX HRMS PERSON TASKFLOW" and yout custom node is XX_CUSTOM

Step1. Navigate to window "Define Task Flow"
                      Step2. Search for the task flow "XX HRMS PERSON TASKFLOW"
                      Step3. Click on the name (under section Node) and then on Add (+) button
                      Step4. Add your custom node "XX_CUSTOM" and save your work.
                      Step5. Requery the task flow name "XX HRMS PERSON TASKFLOW"
                      Step6. Search for the name "NASSIGN" (Under section Node)
                      Step7. Add your custom node "XX_CUSTOM" under the section Navigation Option
                      Step8. Disable/Remove the original entry "ELEMENTS"

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                      Avinash
                      • 8. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
                        user-Keen
                        Thanks for you support.

Still problem let me describe setup which i have done.

1. I have created Element Set and assigned my specific element which we want user to access only.
                        2. Created custom form by selection "Element Entry" and calling my customize element set.
                        3. Created New Name under the task flow name and attached customize form as created in point 2.
                        4. When i call my Node name which was created in point 3 but it's not being appeared.

Is there any request or missing any setups?

Kindly advice
                        • 9. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
                          Hi,

When you search your task flow name in the screen do you see the your custom node under section Node?

Thanks,
                          Avinash
                          • 10. Re: Can we restrict Element on Responsibilities
                            user-Keen
                            Yes, i am unable to see the name under the form task flow defination which was created through task flow name.

Please advice any problem which missing.

--thanks