1 2 3 Previous Next 42 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 11:35 AM by 930979 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
        Thanks. I have restarted the installation. I will see how it goes this time and update this thread.
        • 16. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
          user12068456
          Hi. I did everything and again it stopped at Post install steps with RW-50004

Tried running adapcctl.sh and getting the message "exiting with status 204." and check the log file /home/oracle/..../log/adacttl.txt which in turns points to .../ora/10.1.3/opmn/HTTP_Server~1.log.

This log shows error message ending with
          libdb-4.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Little more googling got me to one of your old posts saying Linux 6.2 is not yet certified. Is it true? IF so Which one is recommended?

Thanks again.
          • 17. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            This log shows error message ending with
            libdb-4.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
            Run the commands under "Link to Motif library for Oracle Application Server 10.1.2 (on Oracle Linux 5 and RHEL 5 only)" section in [ID 761564.1] or [ID 761566.1]
            Little more googling got me to one of your old posts saying Linux 6.2 is not yet certified. Is it true? IF so Which one is recommended?
            It is supported on OEL 6 (Update 0 or higher) -- Please see the docs referenced above in this reply for the list of supported OS.

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 18. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
              I have checked Link to Motif library section in the document mentioned and tried to perform those before my previous reply but I didn't see the directory "X11R6" in /usr directory..

Please ignore.. I found the reason. One package was missing and is fixed now. i think all set for now

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Edited by: user978419 on Apr 18, 2012 8:26 AM

Edited by: user978419 on Apr 18, 2012 8:41 AM
              • 19. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Thanks for the update.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 20. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                  I was able to login to R12, but when I try to open forms it is trying to install jinitator and I get the error saying it is not a valid ZIP file. How to install it in Linux.

And when I try to access this from host machine outside Virtual Machine, the page http://ebs.oraapp.com:8080 doesn't come up. I did add the site and IP address to the hosts file and in Internet options. I tried pinging the iP address and server name and seems to be fine. Anything else that need to be done.
                  • 21. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    I was able to login to R12, but when I try to open forms it is trying to install jinitator and I get the error saying it is not a valid ZIP file. How to install it in Linux.
                    R12 comes with Sun JRE (not with Jinitiator).

Linux is not certified as a client tier node -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Linux+AND+Client&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
                    And when I try to access this from host machine outside Virtual Machine, the page http://ebs.oraapp.com:8080 doesn't come up. I did add the site and IP address to the hosts file and in Internet options. I tried pinging the iP address and server name and seems to be fine. Anything else that need to be done.
                    What does "adopmnctl.sh status" return?

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 22. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                      Checking status OPMN managed processes...

Processes in Instance: VIS_ebs.ebs.oraapp.com

It shows all the four process types alive and adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

Edited by: user978419 on Apr 18, 2012 1:42 PM
                      • 23. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        user978419 wrote:
                        Checking status OPMN managed processes...

It shows all the four process types alive and adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

Edited by: user978419 on Apr 18, 2012 1:42 PM
                        Please post the output of the command here.

Thanks,
                        Hussein
                        • 24. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                          [oracle@ebs scripts]$ ./adopmnctl.sh status

You are running adopmnctl.sh version 120.6

Checking status of OPMN managed processes...

--------------------------------------------------------------+---------
                          ias-component | process-type | pid | status
                          OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oafm | 11079 | Alive
                          OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:forms | 11011 | Alive
                          OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oacore | 10924 | Alive
                          HTTP_Server | HTTP_Server | 32486 | Alive

adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

adopmnctl.sh: check the logfile /home/oracle/ebs/inst/apps/VIS_ebs/logs/appl/admin/log/adopmnctl.txt for more information ...

Log File contents:_

04/17/12-16:07:31 :: adopmnctl.sh version 120.6

04/17/12-16:07:31 :: adopmnctl.sh: Starting Oracle Process Manager (OPMN)

opmnctl: opmn started.

04/17/12-16:07:32 :: adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

================================================================================

04/17/12-17:50:44 :: adopmnctl.sh version 120.6

04/17/12-17:50:44 :: adopmnctl.sh: Starting Oracle Process Manager (OPMN)

opmnctl: opmn is already running.

04/17/12-17:50:44 :: adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

================================================================================

04/17/12-18:06:30 :: adopmnctl.sh version 120.6

04/17/12-18:06:30 :: adopmnctl.sh: Stopping Oracle Process Manager (OPMN) and the managed processes

opmnctl: stopping opmn and all managed processes...

04/17/12-18:06:31 :: adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

04/17/12-18:08:35 :: adopmnctl.sh version 120.6

04/17/12-18:08:35 :: adopmnctl.sh: Starting Oracle Process Manager (OPMN)

opmnctl: opmn started.

04/17/12-18:08:37 :: adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

04/18/12-13:37:15 :: adopmnctl.sh version 120.6

04/18/12-13:37:16 :: adopmnctl.sh: Checking the status of Oracle Process Manager (OPMN)

ias-component | process-type | pid | status
                          OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oafm | 11079 | Alive
                          OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:forms | 11011 | Alive
                          OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oacore | 10924 | Alive
                          HTTP_Server | HTTP_Server | 32486 | Alive

04/18/12-13:37:17 :: adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

• 25. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            Can you open the main login page from Linux (server)? If yes, then make sure you can ping the hostname of the server from the client.

Thanks,
                            Hussein
                            • 26. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                              Yes. I am able to open the main login page from Linux (server). I tried pinging both IP Address and hostname.domainname (ebs.oraapp.com) from client and it is connecting fine. There is no loss.
                              • 27. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                user978419 wrote:
                                Yes. I am able to open the main login page from Linux (server). I tried pinging both IP Address and hostname.domainname (ebs.oraapp.com) from client and it is connecting fine. There is no loss.
                                So you should be able to open the page then from the client.

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 28. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                                  That's the problem. when I enter http://ebs.oraapp.com:8000 or http://192.168.1.18:8000, both of them shows Page not displayed after searching for a while..
                                  Anything else that I am missing?
                                  • 29. Re: Failing in R12 Post install steps
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                    That's the problem. when I enter http://ebs.oraapp.com:8000 or http://192.168.1.18:8000, both of them shows Page not displayed after searching for a while..
                                    Anything else that I am missing?
                                    If you can open both links from the server and can ping both hostname and IP Address from the client then you should be able to see the same page from the client.

There is something which is not clear from your side, so please confirm the above.

Thanks,
                                    Hussein