4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 9:44 AM by Thomas Martin RSS

LUN repository without clustering

Thomas Martin
      Hi,

I try to create a repository on a single OVM server (3.0.3).

This repository would be stored on a iSCSI LUN.

Unfortunately, i get this error :

OVMRU_002030E Cannot create OCFS2 file system with local file server: Local FS vrs1. Its server is not in a cluster
      Wed Apr 18 17:55:44 CEST 2012

I only have one server, so it makes no sense to use clustering.

Is there a workaround ?

Thanks,
      TM
        • 1. Re: LUN repository without clustering
          Avi Miller-Oracle
          923677 wrote:
          This repository would be stored on a iSCSI LUN.
          I only have one server, so it makes no sense to use clustering.
          Have you created the Server Pool? When you create the pool, did you uncheck the Clustered option? Did you configure iSCSI via the Manager or manually?
          • 2. Re: LUN repository without clustering
            Thomas Martin
            I created the server pool without the clustered option.
            Because with this option, I need to choose a "Storage for server pool", and my manager doesn't have access to my iSCSI server (and i only have one OVS server).

Concerning the iSCSI configuration, I added my NetApp storage with the manager, but I needed to use discovery with iscsiadm CLI to see the LUNs appears.

Is there a way to create a repository on a iSCSI LUN without clustered server pool ?
            • 3. Re: LUN repository without clustering
              Avi Miller-Oracle
              923677 wrote:
              Because with this option, I need to choose a "Storage for server pool", and my manager doesn't have access to my iSCSI server (and i only have one OVS server).
              The Manager doesn't require access to the iSCSI server, just the Server does.
              Concerning the iSCSI configuration, I added my NetApp storage with the manager, but I needed to use discovery with iscsiadm CLI to see the LUNs appears.
              You don't need to do this: just add your server to the default initiator group within the Manager. All iSCSI components are managed and configured from the Manager.

You need to make sure iSCSI is properly configured in the Manager first, so that the Manager knows the physical disk is being provided via iSCSI and can format it appropriately. Check the documentation for more information.
              • 4. Re: LUN repository without clustering
                Thomas Martin
                Finally I redid the steps and it works.

It was a stupid problem of network connectivity between the server and the NetApp storage.

Thanks for your help.