0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 11:33 AM by 931556 RSS

running out of locks, lockers, and logging region

I know this issue has been brought up quite a bit, but I am experiencing an issue that I can't quite track down exactly.

Simply, I have a function that either creates or reopens containers of an existing database. These creations/opens are wrapped in a transaction. The transaction is aborted on any kind of error and committed once all containers/databases are open.

I have an application which runs as a daemon and stays connected to the containers and database waiting for a network connection. This application can be run any number of times. The database is meant to be initialized in a way to support concurrency and integrity.

I am noticing that upon every execution of the application, my locks increase by around 80-100 and the lockers increase by a consistent 134. I am also subsequently seeing, after 5 instances are run, a logging region out of memory error.

I was wondering if these locks/lockers/logging region usage sticking around after database/container initialization was normal and if I should be handling the expansion of these areas at runtime to accommodate the indefinite number of processes that can access this database at any one time?

I know the question is rather vague, but I'm attempting to find out where I should begin looking.

Thank you in advance and please let me know if you need anymore information.