3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2012 9:32 AM by 807928 RSS

Sun Cluster is restarted after non-global zone boot

Hi People,

I have installed a two-node sun cluster 3.2 x86 SO Oracle Solaris 10 u09 .
      My problem is that I installed a non-global zone in the first node and when a try to boot that zone the cluster is restarted.

I find this log
      [ID 562397 kern.notice] Failfast: Aborting zone "global" (zone ID 0) because "sc_zonesd" died 35 seconds ago.
      [ID 570001 auth.error] reboot after panic: Failfast: Aborting zone "global" (zone ID 0) because "sc_zonesd" died 35 seconds ago.

Could please anyone help me

Thanks in advance
      Donato
        • 1. Re: Sun Cluster is restarted after non-global zone boot
          Several critical processes within Solaris Cluster register with the failfast daemon and I guess this is one of them. If the registered process fails, then the failfast daemon will panic the node to preserve cluster integrity. That's the explanation of the panic, not that it tells you why it happened.

How did you create the zone? Are there any messages in the messages file for the zone? You can get them through the zonepath/root/var/adm/messages. Are there any other messages in the global zone /var/adm/messages file that might indicate an issues further back in the log?

Thanks,

Tim
          ---
          • 2. Re: Sun Cluster is restarted after non-global zone boot
            Hi Tim

Thanks for your answer

I created a very very basic zone like that

zonecfg -z test-zone

zona1: No such zone configured
            Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone.
            zonecfg:test-zone> create
            zonecfg:test-zone> remove inherit-pkg-dir dir=/sbin
            zonecfg:test-zone> remove inherit-pkg-dir dir=/usr
            zonecfg:test-zone> remove inherit-pkg-dir dir=/platform
            zonecfg:test-zone> remove inherit-pkg-dir dir=/lib
            zonecfg:test-zone> set autoboot=false
            zonecfg:test-zone> set zonepath=/zones/test-zone
            zonecfg:test-zone> add net
            zonecfg:test-zone:net> set physical=e1000g0
            zonecfg:test-zone:net> set address=192.168.31.136
            zonecfg:test-zone:net> end
            zonecfg:test-zone> verify
            zonecfg:test-zone> commit
            zonecfg:test-zone> exit

zoneadm -z test-zone install
            zoneadm -z test-zone boot ---> In this point the cluster node crash

There is no logs information about that in the messages file. When I doesn´t boot the zone the cluster node is up and running.
            Tim , do you know if there is some procedure to create a zone in a cluster node with sun cluster, I will appreciate.
            Thank you
            • 3. Re: Sun Cluster is restarted after non-global zone boot
              There is an example of creating a zone for a cluster on page 379 of my book "Oracle Solaris Cluster Essentials". However, apart from the removal of the inherited pkgs, it is very similar. The only difference is that I qualified my address with /24.

Why don't you try the procedure without the remove statements first and see if that works on your system? Then move on to a whole-root zone. I'm wondering if one of the 'removes' should not be there (or causes a bug).

Tim
              ---