This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 10:29 AM by 915367 RSS

Custom information in HTTP Header in an outgoing GWWS Request

915367 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Xu,
Hello Everyone,

With reference to the recent post activity in the post:
[Adding custom information in HTTP Header in an outgoing request from GWWS|https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2366358&tstart=0]

We are looking for an option to send custom header information with the a webservice request (HTTP post) that happens via GWWS server.

I prematurely marked that post as answered since we got a link to documentation in one of the answers, which suggests that problem has been taken care in TUXEDO11gR1.
However, it would be difficult (almost impossible) for us to move to 11gR1 immediately.

Since I marked that post as "answered" and I did not know if replies in that post will get any attention, I opened up this post.

Xu (He) suggested (in reply to my previous post) that there might be a patch for our problem.
It would be wonderful/perfect if we can get a patch for 10gR3!

We are using the following:
TUXEDO10gR3 PATCH LEV=44
SALT Patch Lev = 15

Please do let us know.

Thank you again

Sincere Regards,
Mrugendra
  • 1. Re: Custom information in HTTP Header in an outgoing GWWS Request
    915367 Newbie
    Maurice,

Thanks for confirming this. (in the post: [Adding custom information in HTTP Header in an outgoing request from GWWS|https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2366358&tstart=0] )
    It clarifies the doubts that I was having while reading through the documentation Xu pointed to.

Yes, we need to add HTTP Headers (not SOAP header).

For now we just need to add Basic Authentication HTTP Header for outbound service calls.
    We have developed a plugin to do that for now.
    And even if the salt plugin takes care of adding the Basic Authentication in the HTTP Header for outgoing calls, I guess we do not have any option to include some custom information in the HTTP Header which might be required in the future.
    At-least, not unless we request that enhancement.

Bringing the plugin into our mix requires a lot of changes to our architecture including inclusion of AUTHSVR in the UBB,
    Which, in turn, makes it imperative to change the endpoint clients of our application.
    In addition to that, the incoming web service calls also need to include TUXEDO authentication information, which would again require either communicating the authentication information to the consumers of our service or device some kind of a proxy which would add the authentication information for all the incoming requests!

With these facts in mind, we were wondering if we have an easier way to include the HTTP header information.
    As you say, Maurice, it seems it is not possible yet.

Thank you again for your replies.

Sincere Regards,
    Mrugendra
  • 2. Re: Custom information in HTTP Header in an outgoing GWWS Request
    679490 Newbie
    Hi,

The related bug is 8601536. You can download the patch and try it, and then to see whether this enhancement can satisfy your requirement.

Regards,
    Xu He
  • 3. Re: Custom information in HTTP Header in an outgoing GWWS Request
    915367 Newbie
    Thank you so much for your reply Xu,

Where in our support account would we find the patch to download?

When we try to search under Patches and Fixes
    we get the following:

No Sun Change Request (CR) found by the number '8601536'.
    or
    No Patch name or number found for '8601536'.

Also,
    Where would we find the documentation of this BUG fix?
    (that is: What do we need to do to meet the desired requirement?)

Thanks and Regards,
    Mrugendra

Edited by: user1912100 on Apr 24, 2012 12:27 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points