This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 8:37 AM by jsharma RSS

Oracle MapViewer error

889866 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using Obiee 11g Mapviewer and Oracle 10g database which is the standard edition of oracle having oracle locator. I have configure the mapViewerconfig.xml for this database and added the data source as well. I have created a google map tile using this data source and while viewing this map its returning an error

"[MVGlobalVariables.getMapCacheConfig] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (ALP_LOCATOR_10G.GOOGLE_MAP_2304:)"

Does any one face this issue?

Regards,
Sanjit
  • 1. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
    889866 Newbie
    Can some body help me out on this?
  • 2. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
    user403656 Newbie
    Hi

Please check your configuration in mapviewer configuration. if you have issues doing this

follow the link here with entire map viewer configuration steps

http://obieelive.blogspot.com/2012/06/map-viewer-configuration-in-obiee.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Thanks
    Sandeep
  • 3. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
    654635 Newbie
    Did you resolve this problem? can you please tell me how? I can use ELOCATION_MAP but I can't get Google Map to wok. I get the following error.
    [MVGlobalVariables.getMapCacheConfig] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (WORLD_SAMPLE.GOOGLEMAP:)

Thanks,
    J
  • 4. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
    654635 Newbie
    Did you resolve this problem? can you please tell me how? I can use ELOCATION_MAP but I can't get Google Map to wok. I get the following error.
    [MVGlobalVariables.getMapCacheConfig] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (WORLD_SAMPLE.GOOGLEMAP:)

Thanks,
    J
  • 5. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
    jsharma Pro
    In both cases google_map_2304 and googlemap MapViewer is looking for an entry in user_sdo_cached_maps in the schema/user for the specified mapviewer data source.

That is likely missing.

i.e. there is no entry for GOOGLE_MAP_2304 in the USER_SDO_CACHED_MAPS view in datasource ALP_LOCATOR_10G and similarly for GOOGLEMAP in WORLD_SAMPLE.

The OBIEE SampleApp has an example of the correct entries. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/obiee-samples-167534.html

The other option (with MapViewer 11.1.1.5 or later) is to add one from the MapViewer Admin Console (the Manage Map Tile Layers page).

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points