5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 10:37 AM by jsharma-Oracle RSS

Oracle MapViewer error

I am using Obiee 11g Mapviewer and Oracle 10g database which is the standard edition of oracle having oracle locator. I have configure the mapViewerconfig.xml for this database and added the data source as well. I have created a google map tile using this data source and while viewing this map its returning an error

"[MVGlobalVariables.getMapCacheConfig] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (ALP_LOCATOR_10G.GOOGLE_MAP_2304:)"

Does any one face this issue?

Regards,
      Sanjit
        • 1. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
          Can some body help me out on this?
          • 2. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
            Sandeep Venu
            Hi

Please check your configuration in mapviewer configuration. if you have issues doing this

follow the link here with entire map viewer configuration steps

http://obieelive.blogspot.com/2012/06/map-viewer-configuration-in-obiee.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Thanks
            Sandeep
            • 3. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
              OhBeeEyee
              Did you resolve this problem? can you please tell me how? I can use ELOCATION_MAP but I can't get Google Map to wok. I get the following error.
              [MVGlobalVariables.getMapCacheConfig] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (WORLD_SAMPLE.GOOGLEMAP:)

Thanks,
              J
              • 4. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
                OhBeeEyee
                Did you resolve this problem? can you please tell me how? I can use ELOCATION_MAP but I can't get Google Map to wok. I get the following error.
                [MVGlobalVariables.getMapCacheConfig] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (WORLD_SAMPLE.GOOGLEMAP:)

Thanks,
                J
                • 5. Re: Oracle MapViewer error
                  jsharma-Oracle
                  In both cases google_map_2304 and googlemap MapViewer is looking for an entry in user_sdo_cached_maps in the schema/user for the specified mapviewer data source.

That is likely missing.

i.e. there is no entry for GOOGLE_MAP_2304 in the USER_SDO_CACHED_MAPS view in datasource ALP_LOCATOR_10G and similarly for GOOGLEMAP in WORLD_SAMPLE.

The OBIEE SampleApp has an example of the correct entries. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/obiee-samples-167534.html

The other option (with MapViewer 11.1.1.5 or later) is to add one from the MapViewer Admin Console (the Manage Map Tile Layers page).