4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 4:25 PM by 931717

shared application file system multi node clone in oracle apps 11.5.10.2

How to clone shared application file system cloning.My architecture is forms and web on one node,concurrent and admin on one node and DB is on one node.So now how to perform hot clone from multi node to multi node in shared application file system 11.5.10.2.

Edited by: 928714 on Apr 24, 2012 6:21 AM
        • 1. Re: shared application file system multi node clone in oracle apps 11.5.10.2
          Helios-GunesEROL
          Hi;

Please see:
          EBS - Technology area - Webcast Recording 'E-Business Suite - Cloning Basics & Advanced Options' [video] [ID 1335676.1]

Regard
          Helios
          • 2. Re: shared application file system multi node clone in oracle apps 11.5.10.2
            Tnx for your reply sir.Actually i dont have metalink account so i cant check the video which you have asked me to check.
            will you plz tell me the steps involved..

In shared application tier filesystem we share appltop as well as ias and 806 homes.My architecture is forms ,web on one node and concurrent and admin on one node..then do we need to run perl adpreclone.pl appstier on both nodes.? or one node is enough?xml file and configuaration files will be different for both nodes rite?
            then how sir?wll explain it to me...
            • 3. Re: shared application file system multi node clone in oracle apps 11.5.10.2
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Tnx for your reply sir.Actually i dont have metalink account so i cant check the video which you have asked me to check.
              will you plz tell me the steps involved..
              You still need to have MOS access as we cannot post the contents of MOS docs here.
              In shared application tier filesystem we share appltop as well as ias and 806 homes.My architecture is forms ,web on one node and concurrent and admin on one node..then do we need to run perl adpreclone.pl appstier on both nodes.?
              Yes.
              or one node is enough?
              Run it on all nodes.
              xml file and configuaration files will be different for both nodes rite?
              Correct.
              then how sir?wll explain it to me...
              Rapid Clone Documentation Resources For Release 11i and 12 [ID 799735.1]
              Sharing the Application Tier File System in Oracle Applications Release 11i [ID 233428.1]
              Cloning Oracle Applications Release 11i with Rapid Clone [ID 230672.1]

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: shared application file system multi node clone in oracle apps 11.5.10.2
                Tnx for your reply sir.

Sir so you have asked me to run perl adpreclone.pl appstier in both forms,webnode and concurrent and admin node..so on both nodes.....but as it is shared application tier filesystem it wll create only one clone directory in commontop?

so will it merge both xml files and will prepare the clone dir??

if we just do perl adcfgclone.pl appstier it wll create xml file for us based on our inputs?

are there any additional steps to be needed to configure shared application tier filesystem on target node?

Please explain it sir....i