This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2012 6:04 AM by 785101 RSS

ODBC error 998

930303 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
So this is my ordeal:

Trying to create an ODBC connection to export from Oracle 10 to Access 07. When I go to control panel/...ODBC Data source and look in the System DSN tab and click add there is nothing but SQL Server listed.

So I checked all around the net and found that I need to go through odbcad32.exe in C:/....sysWOW64/

So I do this and go to System DNS and click add where it lists many options one being Oracle in OraClient 10g_home1, so I click it and hit finish. This should be the end..........

However I get the error popup saying:
"The setup routines for the Oracle in OraClient10g_home1 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 998: Invalid access to memory location. (C:\Oracle\product\10.1.0\Client\BIN\SQORAS32.DLL).

So of course I do some more net research and find that a few other people have run across this but there is no defined resolution only that they fixed the problem by altering the path. Well thats great, but they don't explain what or how they altered the path.

Yes I am running the as admin, and I made sure that all of the folders have the proper permissions to access as needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oracle 10g on Windows 7

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points