1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 2:01 AM by Harsh_v RSS

Checkpoint not complete

Harsh_v
      I found these error in my alert_log file. which is slow my sqlloder insert. please help very urgent.

Heap size 2697K exceeds notification threshold (2048K)
      Details in trace file /Oradata/app/oracle/admin/orcl/udump/orcl_ora_14727.trc
      KGL object name :select e.tsname
      , substr(e.filename, 1, 52) filename
      , e.phyrds- nvl(b.phyrds,0) reads
      , (e.phyrds- nvl(b.phyrds,0))/:ela rps
      , decode ((e.phyrds - nvl(b.phyrds, 0)), 0, to_number(NULL),
      ((e.readtim - nvl(b.readtim,0)) /
      (e.phyrds - nvl(b.phyrds,0)))*10) atpr
      (e.phyblkrd - nvl(b.phyblkrd,0))
      Wed Apr 25 11:30:01 2012
      Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 6102
      Checkpoint not complete
      Current log# 1 seq# 6101 mem# 0: /home/oracle/oradata/redo01.log
      Wed Apr 25 11:33:36 2012

Regards,
      Harshit verma
        • 1. Re: Checkpoint not complete
          sybrand_b
          If it is really very urgent for you: Apparently you didn't search documentation or use Google.
          As this is a forum of volunteers, your unwillingness to do your own work, and your use of 'very urgent' qualify and insulting and rude.

Kindly do the needful. In the future don't ask such questions here, or search a less demanding job.

---------
          Sybrand Bakker
          Senior Oracle DBA
          • 2. Re: Checkpoint not complete
            Harsh_v
            dear u take me wrong... i m write it only because its on production....
            • 3. Re: Checkpoint not complete
              KGL object name :select e.tsname
              , substr(e.filename, 1, 52) filename
              , e.phyrds- nvl(b.phyrds,0) reads
              , (e.phyrds- nvl(b.phyrds,0))/:ela rps
              ((e.readtim - nvl(b.readtim,0)) /
              (e.phyrds - nvl(b.phyrds,0)))*10) atpr
              (e.phyblkrd - nvl(b.phyblkrd,0))
              Wed Apr 25 11:30:01 2012
              Hi

Firstly ,take out sql trace of the above sql and then analyse it using the tkprof utility and check the issue .....

Good luck
              • 4. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                sybrand_b
                Incorrect.

You write because you are too mentally challenged to do anything yourself, and abuse this forum as a mere chatroom.
                The answer to your question can be found all over the Internet: yet you don't search.
                If it is a production issue, the only one who can help you the fastest is you: you would have found the solution in less than 10 minutes.
                Yet you decided you couldn't do your work, and outsourced your search to a forum of volunteers.

Either stop being lazy or change jobs.

-----------
                Sybrand Bakker
                Senior Oracle DBA
                • 5. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                  Heap size 2697K exceeds notification threshold (2048K)
                  The above warning may indicates the reason for this ...

In 10g we have a new undocumented parameter that sets the KGL heap size warning threshold. This parameter was not present in 10gR1. Warnings are written if heap size exceeds this threshold. Set kgl_large_heap_warning_threshold to a reasonable high value or zero to prevent these warning messages. Value needs to be set in bytes.
                  (logged in as "/ as sysdba")

SQL> alter system set "_kgl_large_heap_warning_threshold"=8388608 scope=spfile ;
                  SQL> shutdown immediate
                  SQL> startup

The default threshold in 10.2.0.1 is 2M. So these messages could show up frequently in some application environments. In 10.2.0.2, the threshold was increased to 50MB after regression tests, so this should be a reasonable and recommended value.

Hope this may help you

Note=> mark the question as answer to keep the forum clean
                  • 6. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                    sybrand_b
                    Please do not post NONSENSE replies.
                    Google exists for a reason. Searchable documentation too.

----------
                    Sybrand Bakker
                    Senior Oracle DBA
                    • 7. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                      sybrand_b wrote:
                      Please do not post NONSENSE replies.
                      Google exists for a reason. Searchable documentation too.

----------
                      Sybrand Bakker
                      Senior Oracle DBA
                      Dear Mr Bakker
                      o/p is new to forum thatswhy i have given the reply . Everyone is not as smart , talented ,legend like you . So please don't compare yourself with others . The sentence you have used above shows how uneducated person you are . The same sentence can be said in politely and in positive way too ...

Mr Bakker ... having knowledge of oracle doesnot means that you are educated . i must say you are just an literate person having not any sense to make others motivated.

I know you are very senior to me and i respect you , but your words hurts the other . If you can't help then why you can't shut your mouth. Have you got the contract from oracle to teach everyone to how to ask question ?

I am really sorry sir . Please don't hurt's other . Motivate other and guide them in positive way.Since you are senior.
                      I hope you got me

Regards
                      • 8. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                        Niket Kumar
                        @Vishen

good one....
                        • 9. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                          Fran
                          Dear Mr Bakker 
                          o/p is new to forum thatswhy i have given the reply . Everyone is not as smart , talented ,legend like you . So please don't compare yourself with others . The sentence you have used above shows how uneducated person you are . The same sentence can be said in politely and in positive way too ... 

Mr Bakker ... having knowledge of oracle doesnot means that you are educated . i must say you are just an literate person having not any sense to make others motivated. 

I know you are very senior to me and i respect you , but your words hurts the other . If you can't help then why you can't shut your mouth. Have you got the contract from oracle to teach everyone to how to ask question ? 

I am really sorry sir . Please don't hurt's other . Motivate other and guide them in positive way.Since you are senior. 
                          I hope you got me 
                          Regards
                          Sorry Vishen but i'm with Sybrand.
                          Maybe his words can be hard but has all the reason in the world. That forums is made of volunteers you can't say URGENT, ASAP, .... If it is urgent contact with Oracle Support, and you will have the answer.
                          In my opinion this forum is for help people that don't understand of all the documentation or have a problem that don't know to resolve or don't appear in the documentation but people use this forum to find the answer without bothering to search. I don't want either answer question that takes 30 seconds to find at google or have a good explain in the documentation.
                          If you help that people, you are making lazy people and the guru's will leave, and in both cases will be a shame.
                          • 10. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                            Fran
                            Niket, search "Checkpoint not complete" at google and see how many time do you waste to find the answer.
                            Only in that forum is more than 10 different posts about this issue.
                            • 11. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                              NikolayIvankin
                              And additionally, I wouldn't offer to use hidden Oracle parameters, cause they are supposed to be used only under Oracle support control.
                              • 12. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                                Niket Kumar
                                @Fran

"good one" is not for checkpoint issue.....

you have taken it wrongly.....
                                Please ignore..
                                • 13. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                                  Harsh_v
                                  Dear Fran, i appreciate ur answer. i was see all blogs on google and follow these too. but i got same issue again that why i asking that question on Forums.

like, following initialization parameters change:-
                                  - LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL
                                  - LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT
                                  - FAST_START_IO_TARGET

but still have same issue, please help

Regards,
                                  Harshit
                                  • 14. Re: Checkpoint not complete
                                    Hi fran

Totally agree with you ..
                                    i just want to say that same word can be said in more polite ways also . What u think that by showing the rudeness can you can change the people ?

see the below line by MR. Bakker
                                    You didn't answer my question, so your 'Any help' question is rude, insulting and shows disrespect and your utter
                                    laziness.Close this thread and go away.
                                    Is this way to answer the senior person i.e, specially from oracle " GURU"

Check this recent link
                                    Multiple Oracle Homes

I have respect for all those who are giving their precious time to others whether they are guru , expert or newbie....

Regards
                                    1 2 Previous Next