2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 7:17 AM by Paul Fowler RSS

How to enable or use F1 help in Word 2010

Paul Fowler
      In OPM 10.4, using Word 2010, on the Oracle Policy Modeling tab, hovering over a button on the ribbon shows the text "Press F1 for add-in help."

However, anywhere I press F1 opens a new dialog box and takes me to "Loading help from office.com", and then to a page from microsoft's website on office help. How do I get F1 to work inside word and give me OPA assistance? What am I missing?

Thank you,
      Paul Fowler
        • 1. Re: How to enable or use F1 help in Word 2010
          Davin Fifield-Oracle
          Yes, pressing F1 with an OPM ribbon button highlighted shows Word Help for add-ins. The message you are seeing is just a default Microsoft Word message for any add-in. If you choose Help > Oracle Policy Modeling User's Guide in Oracle Policy Modeling, you can search for what each button does by typing it's name in the Search box, surrounded by quotes. For an overview of writing rules in Word, see the "Writes rules in Word" topic.

Davin.

Edited by: Davin Fifield on 30-Apr-2012 01:06
          • 2. Re: How to enable or use F1 help in Word 2010
            Paul Fowler
            Thank you for answering. I had assumed the developers had linked the F1 in word to the various help sections out of OPM help and that I simply had it messed up somehow. Perhaps it was messed up because I was getting word help off the Internet instead of locally.

You might want to have the developers turn-off that "press F1 for help". I am guessing that other people have wondered about that also.

Thank you,
            Paul Fowler