3 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 3:54 PM by nickg-Fresno RSS

Outbound EDI X12 document with multiple ST transactions segments

nickg-Fresno
      Hello all.
      I am STILL using Oracle B2B 10.1.2.3 MLR 16 and need the ability to send outbound transactions (EDI X12 856 4010) with one ISA envelope and multiple ST segments. When I enqueue the 856 to the IP Out queue with multiple ST's, B2B does not generate unique ST Control #'s and the segment count is doubled for the second ST loop. Is it possible to get an accurate segment count with the MACRO's?

If this is not possible, will someone please help me understand the batching process. I have followed the instructions in the B2B_TN_012_EDI_OutBound_Batching.pdf file, but I am getting very generic null pointer errors in B2B.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.

Nick Graves
        • 1. Re: Outbound EDI X12 document with multiple ST transactions segments
          nickg-Fresno
          Hello All.
          I am desperate for some help with batching. I cannot get the count/ID based batching to work or the time interval batching to work. I recveive the following error message with batch ID based batching:
          Error -: AIP-50014: General Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.processOutgoingMessage(Engine.java:1260)
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.handleMessageEvent(Engine.java:2549)
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.processEvents(Engine.java:2482)
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.data.MsgListener.onMessage(MsgListener.java:530)
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.data.MsgListener.run(MsgListener.java:376)
               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
          Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.packaging.mime.MimePackaging.pack(MimePackaging.java:107)
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.msgproc.Request.outgoingBatchRequest(Request.java:1445)
               at oracle.tip.adapter.b2b.engine.Engine.processOutgoingMessage(Engine.java:1239)
               ... 5 more

Time interval batching produces this error:

Error Brief :
          Duplicate transaction node GUID encountered.{br}{br}This error was detected at:{br}{tab}Segment Count: (N/A){br}{tab}Composite Position: 0{br}{tab}Sub-Element Position: (N/A){br}{tab}Characters: 0 through 0
          Duplicate transaction node GUID encountered.{br}{br}This error was detected at:{br}{tab}Segment Count: (N/A){br}{tab}Composite Position: 0{br}{tab}Sub-Element Position: (N/A){br}{tab}Characters: 0 through 0
          • 2. Re: Outbound EDI X12 document with multiple ST transactions segments
            Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
            You should use batching feature when you are sending multiple xml transactions (one payload will have one transaction only) from back-end but you want B2B to group them and send them altogether. In case you want to send multiple transactions in a single payload from back-end itself (batching at middleware) then you have to send native EDI from back-end and you have to also disable the translation at B2B. B2B does not support batching in later case.

There may be two possible reasons behind NPE -

1. B2B is not configured correctly (Delivery Channel setup)
            2. The headers being enqueued from backend are either incorrect or have leading/trailing spaces

I strongly recommend to upgrade B2B 10g systems to 11g as you won't even get support from Oracle for 10g issues.

Regards,
            Anuj
            • 3. Re: Outbound EDI X12 document with multiple ST transactions segments
              nickg-Fresno
              Thank you Anuj. We cannot upgrade to 11g yet. Hopefully soon though.