6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 9:50 AM by Sathyaseelan

Multiple PO for Single requisition having CATALOG items

Sathyaseelan
      Hi,

Multiple PO's got created from single PO requisition having multiple lines. The document type code of the requisition having the values as BLANKET & CONTRACT. The catalog_type is CATALOG.

The requisition are being entered manually in iProcurement.

Ex: Requisition having 4 lines with 4 different items, but the supplier and site are same. Once the requisition submitted and approved 2 PO's got created.

How come manually entered lines are having 2 CONTRACT & BLANKET lines.

Please help to resolve the issue at the earliest
        • 1. Re: Multiple PO for Single requisition having CATALOG items
          Mahendra
          Sathyaseelan wrote:
          Hi,

Multiple PO's got created from single PO requisition having multiple lines. The document type code of the requisition having the values as BLANKET & CONTRACT. The catalog_type is CATALOG.

The requisition are being entered manually in iProcurement.

Ex: Requisition having 4 lines with 4 different items, but the supplier and site are same. Once the requisition submitted and approved 2 PO's got created.

How come manually entered lines are having 2 CONTRACT & BLANKET lines.

Please help to resolve the issue at the earliest
          I think what you are seeing is perfectly normal..
          Check whether in the ASL whether the items are been referenced by contract & blanket agreements
          How did the PO's got created??Automatically from auto create workflow??

Ex 1 Item i have one blanket PO
          1 item i have one contract PO...Note with same supplier

Then i create a req with the 2 lines...approved..2 PO will be generated with each referencing 1 contract and Blanket

HTH
          Mahendra
          • 2. Re: Multiple PO for Single requisition having CATALOG items
            Sathyaseelan
            Hi Mahendra,

Sorry for the late reply.

As you said, how come item information will be available in Contract Purchase Agreement (CPA), CPA will not have any item details right.

The context which you told is correct for Blanker Purchase Agreement(BPA).

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
            Sathyaseelan
            • 3. Re: Multiple PO for Single requisition having CATALOG items
              Mahendra
              Sathyaseelan wrote:
              Hi Mahendra,

Sorry for the late reply.

As you said, how come item information will be available in Contract Purchase Agreement (CPA), CPA will not have any item details right.

The context which you told is correct for Blanker Purchase Agreement(BPA).

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
              Sathyaseelan
              It will be possible
              check my above example..
              create 1BPA with item X and 1CPA with same supplier..yes CPA doesn't need item..but if u r referencing the same supplier in req lines..it will pick this CPA

Now create a req with one line with item X and Item Y with one more line
              now approve the Req...if the release method is using auto create..then 2 PO will be created each referencing cpa and bpa

I am not aware of the process in iproc...what i have detailed here is with reference to core purchasing module

Thanks
              Mahendra
              • 4. Re: Multiple PO for Single requisition having CATALOG items
                Sathyaseelan
                Hi Mahendra,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to replicate the scenario which you have explained, but in my test case Single PO created which is against the Blanket Agreement and not the Contract.

I have one more doubt, is there any profile to control the Standard PO creation only from BPA or CPA.

Ex: 1 BPA & 1 CPA against the same supplier. When i created an Standard PO it was creating always against BPA and not against CPA.

Could you please guide me to solve the above said issue, as user expect to create Standard PO from CPA not from BPA.

Regards,
                Sathyaseelan
                • 5. Re: Multiple PO for Single requisition having CATALOG items
                  Mahendra
                  Sathyaseelan wrote:
                  Hi Mahendra,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to replicate the scenario which you have explained, but in my test case Single PO created which is against the Blanket Agreement and not the Contract.

I have one more doubt, is there any profile to control the Standard PO creation only from BPA or CPA.

Ex: 1 BPA & 1 CPA against the same supplier. When i created an Standard PO it was creating always against BPA and not against CPA.

Could you please guide me to solve the above said issue, as user expect to create Standard PO from CPA not from BPA.

Regards,
                  Sathyaseelan
                  Satya..

Please check the BPA first...against BPA you should see releases only..correct...if you are seeing a standard PO getting created..then i think that BPA is global..
                  Give me your personal mail id...i will send you the screen shots...which i did in my test instance..

Again going back to your issue...
                  x Item is refernced in BPA
                  Y Item is referenced in CPA

User raised one req with 2 lines...containing x and y
                  when he approved...he is seeing only one PO created??

but in general..2 PO will get created..if the BPA is global...
                  and 1 PO and one release created if it is just a BPA

Let me know if i got your issue correct

Thanks
                  Mahendra
                  1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Multiple PO for Single requisition having CATALOG items
                    Sathyaseelan
                    Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for the explanation. But this morning i found out the cause for the issue.

User created an CATALOG requisition and added it to the cart and then continued the shopping. This time they created an NON-CATALOG requisition from the same responsibility and added it to the cart and performed the check out process.

Hence 2 PO has been created against the single requisition as the one line having the document type code as BLANKET and the other line having the value as CONTRACT.

There is no issue with the CREATE PO workflow. I have conveyed the same to user.

Please send PO related documents to my personnel id sathyaapblr@gmail.com

Thanks for the explanation again.

Regards,
                    Sathyaseelan