This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 1:31 PM by 944677 RSS

CM version 14 Install

933526 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I had a couple questions that hopefully someone else has more experience with than I do.

I am trying to install CM version 14 and keep getting told by Oracle that I need two separate servers for BI publisher and the Weblogic installation for CM. Has anyone else found this to be the case? I had to contact BI publisher support team because BI publisher fails on the last step of installation when trying to configure OCM.

Anyone that has completed the migration to CM version 14 do you like the new software and is worth the time/money to actually upgrade?
  • 1. Re: CM version 14 Install
    SunnyBains-Oracle Journeyer
    I installed BI Publisher, Weblogic and CM on one server machine. I installed the Database on another server machine.
    It all depends on the server specifications, ie. RAM, Processor speed, etc if it can handle BI Publisher, Weblogic and CM on one machine or not.

As for BI Publisher successful install that is for the BI Publisher support team and not the CM support.
    You mentioned that BI Publisher fails on the last step, what error message do you get?? If the RCU is not configured before hand properly then the BI Publisher install can fail.

These are the steps I followed for a successful BI Publisher install: -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Prior to installing BI Publisher download the "Fusion Middleware Repository Creation Utility (RCU) 11g (11.1.1.5.0)", either for Windows or Linux.)

1)Create a new database instance for BI Publisher
    -For MS SQL Once the database has been created, right click the newly listed database and select New Query and paste in the following:

ALTER DATABASE bipub
    COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS
    go

ALTER DATABASE bipub
    SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
    go

-For Oracle
    1.     Database version is equal to or higher than 10.2.0.4.0 in 10g or equal to or higher than 11.1.0.7.0 in 11g.
    2.     Character set = AL32UTF8
    3.     The SHARED_POOL_SIZE is greater than or equal to 147456KB.
    4.     The SGA_MAX_SIZE is greater than or equal to 147456KB.
    5.     The DB_BLOCK_SIZE is greater than or equal to 8KB

2)Create a new repository in the BI Publisher database instance with the Repository Creation Utility (RCU), which is used to create the schemas required by BI Publisher. To do so:

1.     Unzip the downloaded RCU files
    2.     Run the /rcuHome/BIN/rcu.bat (make sure there are no spaces in your path)
    3.     On the Welcome screen, click Next
    4.     Select Create and click Next
    5.     Enter the database connection details and click Next
    6.     Click Next. The Checking Prerequisites screen opens. If there are errors, details about the error appear on the Database Connection Details screen. Fix the errors and click Next again.
    7.     After the prerequisite checks conclude with no errors, click OK to dismiss the screen.
    8.     Near the top of the screen, select Create a new Prefix. If you are the only user of the database instance, you may use the default prefix DEV. If you are sharing the database instance with other Oracle Fusion Middleware users, refer to Oracle Fusion Middleware Repository Creation Utility User's Guide for more information about prefixes.
    9.     Click the Business Intelligence check box. This automatically selects the Metadata Services (MDS) and Business Intelligence Platform schemas, which are required by Oracle Business Intelligence.

Note: Do not click the Oracle AS Repository Components check box, as this configures RCU to install many other schemas that are not required by Oracle Business Intelligence.

Note: Make a note of the schema name and the prefix value from this screen; you will need them later in the installation process. You must provide the schema name in the format prefix_schemaname. For example, if you use the default prefix DEV, supply the following schema name for the BIPLATFORM schema:

DEV_BIPLATFORM / DEV_MDS

10.     Click Next. The Checking Prerequisites screen opens. If there are errors, details about the error appear on the Select Components screen. Fix the errors and click Next again.
    11.     After the prerequisite checks conclude with no errors, click OK to dismiss the screen.
    12.     Near the top of the screen, select Use same password for all schemas.
    13.     In the Password field, enter a password for accessing the schemas. Enter the password again in the Confirm Password field.
    14.     Click Next
    15.     Click Next again. The Creating Tablespaces screen opens. If there are errors, details about the error appear on the Map Tablespaces screen. Fix the errors and click Next again.
    16.     After the tablespaces are created with no errors, click OK to dismiss the screen.
    17.     Click Create. The Create screen opens. If there are errors, details about the errors appear on the Summary screen. Fix the errors and click Next again.
    18.     After the schemas are created with no errors, click OK to dismiss the screen.
    19.     Click Close

3)Once RCU has been taken care of, BI Publisher can be installed. There are multiple install options for BI Publisher 11g. In most cases, a “Simple” install is sufficient.
    During the installation process, WebLogic is installed, a domain is created for BI Publisher, and then BI Publisher is installed. This process may take a few hours. After installation, you can start BI Publisher with the startWebLogic.cmd file within the /bin directory of the BI Publisher Weblogic domain.

1.     Go to the BI Publisher login page at http://<BI Server>:<Port>/xmlpserver/
    2.     Log into BI Publisher as weblogic/<weblogic password> (created during the install above)
    3.     Click the Administration link (top right corner)
    4.     Click Security Configuration under Security Center
    5.     Change the Security Model to “BI Publisher Security”
    6.     In the password field, type Administrator
    7.     Place a “check” next to Enable Local Superuser
    8.     Fill in a username and password, For example: bipubadmin/bipubadmin
    9.     Click Apply
    10.     Restart the server
  • 2. Re: CM version 14 Install
    944677 Newbie
    We are one of the few companies on the east coast of the US that has CM version 14 up and running. It's worth it to make the transition. The only bugs I have right now are working with BI Publisher to tailor some reports, but I'm working through it.
    What we've done is to actually create some virtual drive to house the different application servers, not physical servers. It seems to be doing just fine. Our vendor/consultant (CDP out of North Carolina) has helped us tremedously in making this function.
    If you need more help, I can put you in touch with our guy.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points