7 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 4:50 AM by 933695 RSS

Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.

Hi,

I am trying to learn OPA. I did the initial setup & tried testing 'AdminSmokeTest'rule base from Siebel. On clicking 'DS Smoke test' button from Policy Administration Smoke Test screen, I am getting successful result. However, on clicking "WS Smoke Test", I am getting error as ['Failed to load caseId', SADMIN,0-1, AdminSmokeTest'], as per the given posts , I checked that I am able to launch the Web determination page independently of Siebel.After selecting the 'AdminSmokeTest' rule base, I started a new investigation, however, on clicking the Save option of the page, I am getting error and nothing is saved in Siebel .
      An error occurred trying to process your request.
      This error has been logged and is available in the application logs.

For support and assistance please contact support@domain.local.
      Pls guide me.

Thanks
      Lovely
        • 1. Re: Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.
          Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
          Web Determinations calls Siebel inbound web services to get data out and to save data back to Siebel.

In order to get these working correctly you need to have the inbound web services and Policy Automation workflows installed and deployed to a Siebel Server. You also need to configure the siebel-data-adapter.properties file to have the URL for the Inbound web services, and a Username and password of a user that can execute the inbound web services.

If you are getting an error message, you will find more detailed information in the application server logs, which give you more information about what part of the setup isn't working.
          • 2. Re: Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.
            Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply.

Need some more input from you.

Where can I look for application server log? - I checked at C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs but couldn't find any file with current date

The siebel-data-adapter.properties file has content as

URL=http://localhost/eai_anon_enu/start.swe?SWEExtSource=SecureWebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute
            username=SADMIN
            password=SADMIN
            AdminSmokeTest.configName=AdminSmokeTest
            AdminSmokeTest.externalId=firstname
            FraudCase.configName=FraudCase

& the Inbound web service is pointing to http://localhost/eai_anon_enu/start.swe?SWEExtSource=SecureWebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute for all the service port.

Can you pls guide me with step by step process of debugging this issue.

Thanks
            Lovely

Edited by: 930692 on May 3, 2012 12:30 AM
            • 3. Re: Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.
              Hi Frank,

Need your guidance on one more thing.

I have created a customer scenario based rule project in OPM. I tested the rules (written in word doc) using "Run with Oracle Web determination" & found it to be working as expected.

Now my next step requirement is to invoke this OPM UI from Siebel appln, where user can answer the questions. Please guide me the required steps for this.

Quick turnaround is highly appreciated.

Thanks
              Lovely
              • 4. Re: Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.
                Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
                The "Policy Automation SmokeTest" screen has examples of Invoking Determinations Server and Web Determinations from Siebel.

The "WD Smoke Test" will show you how to open Web Determinations as a popup.
                The "DS Smoke Test" will show you how to send a request to Determinations Server and process the response.

The Applet which has the code for launching Web Determinations is in the Applet "Policy Automation Smoke Test Applet"
                • 5. Re: Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.
                  Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. Going through the existing "DS Smoke Test", I successfully did the POC of sending a request to Determinations Server and process the response for my business scenario.

However, while doing "WS Smoke Test" from "Policy Automation SmokeTest" screen itself, on clicking "WS Smoke Test", I am getting error as ['Failed to load caseId', SADMIN,0-1, AdminSmokeTest'], as per the given posts , I checked that I am able to launch the Web determination page independently of Siebel.After selecting the 'AdminSmokeTest' rule base, I started a new investigation, however, on clicking the Save option of the page, I am getting error and nothing is saved in Siebel .

An error occurred trying to process your request.
                  This error has been logged and is available in the application logs.

For support and assistance please contact support@domain.local.

Based on previous post inputs, I tried to debug the issue & is facing following issue

Where can I look for application server log? - I checked at C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs but couldn't find any file with current date

The siebel-data-adapter.properties file has content as

URL=http://localhost/eai_anon_enu/start.swe?SWEExtSource=SecureWebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute
                  username=SADMIN
                  password=SADMIN
                  AdminSmokeTest.configName=AdminSmokeTest
                  AdminSmokeTest.externalId=firstname
                  FraudCase.configName=FraudCase

& the Inbound web service is pointing to http://localhost/eai_anon_enu/start.swe?SWEExtSource=SecureWebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute for all the service port.

Can you pls guide me with step by step process of debugging this issue.

Thanks
                  Lovely
                  • 6. Re: Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.
                    PhilWhitwell
                    The logging for Siebel-Web-Determinations is controlled by the Log4J.xml included in the runtime - by default in Weblogic I think that this outputs to the console window that is used to start the server that host OPA.
                    I will email you an alternative log4j.xml to give you an example.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
                    <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
                    <appender name="console" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
                    <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
                    <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%r [%t] %p %c %x - %m%n"/>
                    </layout>
                    </appender>

<!-- log all logs to a separate log file every day -->
                    <appender name="opaLogFileAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
                    <param name="file" value="OPA-Siebel-File.log" />
                    <param name="datePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd" />
                    <param name="append" value="true" />
                    <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d [%t] %-5p %C{6} (%F:%L) - %m%n"/>
                    </layout>
                    </appender>

<root>
                    <level value="WARN"/>
                    <!-- Log messages to the console -->
                         <appender-ref ref="opaLogFileAppender"/>
                    </root>
                    </log4j:configuration>

Edited by: PhilWhitwell on May 8, 2012 2:46 PM
                    • 7. Re: Trying to learn OPA.   Getting error.
                      Hi PhilWhitWell,

Thanks for reply.

I found at Log4J.xm at C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\ch5dlfi085Node01Cell\siebel-web-determinations_war.ear\siebel-web-determinations.war\WEB-INF\classes\configuration

The content of the file looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
                      <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
                      <appender name="console" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
                      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%r [%t] %p %c %x - %m%n"/>
                      </layout>
                      </appender>
                      <root>
                      <level value="WARN"/>
                      <!-- Log messages to the console -->
                      <appender-ref ref="console"/>
                      </root>
                      </log4j:configuration>

I am not a Websphere application user & couldn't figure out the console to look for logs. Also, as per the above content . seems like the daily logs are not getting written into any separate file.

Pls help.