This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 6:41 AM by 800808 RSS

Not able to go pass step 5 of Creating a Simple Web App Using MySQL tut

800808 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am not able to generate index.jsp from step 5 of tutorial Creating a Simple Web Application Using a MySQL Database from http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/web/mysql-webapp.html. There were no differences of the outcome using either Java EE 5 or 6. The index.xhtml file was generated instead.

I am running Netbeans 7.1.1 with bundled Glassfish 3.1.2 on Windows XP platform.

Please let me know whether there is a step that I have missed, or not covered due to version differences.

I have tried Netbeans J2EE forum with no response in the past few days.

Thanks in advance,
Jack
  • 1. Re: Not able to go pass step 5 of Creating a Simple Web App Using MySQL tut
    gimbal2 Guru
    I have tried Netbeans J2EE forum with no response in the past few days.
    So some tutorial is broken (or perhaps you did indeed did something wrong), and now you expect someone here to tell you whats up.

I predict that you're not going to get any helpful response here either. All I can say is: find a better source of information and guidance. A book usually helps a lot.
  • 2. Re: Not able to go pass step 5 of Creating a Simple Web App Using MySQL tut
    800808 Newbie
    Hi Gimbal2,

I did not missed any steps since this was only at the beginning of the tutorial.

I did purchased and gone through all the exercises in Java EE 5 Development with Netbeans 6 in the past, where Netbeans 6.5.1 & 6.7 did not generate index.xhtml. You are suggesting that I should purchase a later edition of the same book or something similar because neither of these forums are beneficial to my question. If so, what is the purpose of these forums then if all we need to buy books to do our own reading despite have done them in the past?

Jack

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points