This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 11:30 AM by rukbat Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Oracle TNS Poison vulnerability
    Acooper Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    You have hi-jacked my question. My question is answered. Please open you own question if you have further issues.

That said
    # listener.ora Network Configuration File: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/network/admin/listener.ora
    # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
      (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
        (DESCRIPTION =
          (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = hostname)(PORT = 1521))
          (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
        )
      )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
      (SID_LIST =
        (SID_DESC =
          (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
          (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2)
          (PROGRAM = extproc)
        )
        (SID_DESC =
           (global_dbname = ORCL.hostname)
           (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2)
           (sid_name = hostname)
        )
      )  

ADR_BASE_LISTENER = /u01/app/oracle

INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT_ = 120

DYNAMIC_REGISTRATION_LISTENER = off
    No more please.
  • 16. Re: Oracle TNS Poison vulnerability
    934517 Newbie
    Hi Cooper, This reply helps me out, thanks!

[citation] You have hi-jacked my question [end citation]
    Am I doing anything wrong? If so, sorry for that, I am not regularly using forums like this, so not sure what my fault is?
  • 17. Re: Oracle TNS Poison vulnerability
    jgarry Guru
    Hmmm, it seems the FAQ isn't too clear on hijacking. When you have additional questions on a thread that is already answered, you should post a new question. Please put in all the information a new question would require, such as the version and patch level of Oracle and your OS. Remember, no one can see what is on your computer.

One way to reference a thread is with the url syntax, like so: {noformat}[url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10309221#10309221]This is in reference to the Oracle TNS Poison vulnerability thread.{noformat} Which comes out looking like this: [url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10309221#10309221]This is in reference to the Oracle TNS Poison vulnerability thread.
  • 18. Re: Oracle TNS Poison vulnerability
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    Cooper wrote:
    You have hi-jacked my question. My question is answered. Please open you own question if you have further issues.
    Moderator Action:
    Since the original inquiry is resolved, this thread is now locked to prevent additional hijacks.

Moderator Advice:
    @ user 931514,
    Yes, all posts that do not contribute to the solution of the original post are thread hijacks. They are considered poor forum etiquette and can often be viewed as outright rude. I have often seen hijack posts just magically disappear.

Hijack posts say: "All that was posted earlier is of small consequence and you must pay attention to me instead. I'm more important."

So ...
    Always start your own new thread so that people can give proper attention to your inquiry and not confuse it with what other people have posted.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points