Currently Being Moderated
Hi ALL,

I want to know how i can delete files or folders from MDS

I tried below, its deleting all the files in the directory
<DeleteMetadata dir="AIAComponents/test" wlserver="fp" />

If i'm trying this, to delete a specific file
<DeleteMetadata dir="AIAComponents/test/test.xml" wlserver="fp" />
i'm getting "Build Failed" error

My requirement is to delete a single file from the directory if it is having more no. of files. And i also want to know how to delete a directory.

Can anyone suggest me on this

Regards,
Kishore
  • 1. Re: Deleting objects from MDS
    user9285225 Explorer
    Hi Kishore,

Use WLST scripts

The WLST script is located at:

(UNIX) MIDDLEWARE_HOME/ORACLE_SOA1/common/bin/wlst.sh
    (Windows) MIDDLEWARE_HOME\Oracle_SOA1\common\bin\wlst.cmd

Once the scripting tool is initialized, Connect to the server

offline>connect(‘username,’pwd’, ‘hostname:7001’)

For running deleteMetada function you need a minimum of 3 inputs
    - application - since we are deleting from shared artifacts of soa-infra, the value should be soa-infra
    - server - value should be ‘soa_server1’ or the server u use for SOA other than admin server.
    - docs – the folder path or artifact which you want to delete.

wls:/GEO_domain/serverConfig> deleteMetadata(application='soa-infra',server='soa
    _server1',docs='/apps/dvm/oracle/dvm/*')

Executing operation: deleteMetadata.

Operation "deleteMetadata" completed. Summary of "deleteMetadata" operation is:

List of documents successfully deleted:
    /apps/dvm/oracle/dvm/GeoXRef.dvm

Hope this helps
  • 2. Re: Deleting objects from MDS
    933720 Newbie
    Thanks Eddie for reply.

I used wslt script and executed this deleteMetadata function

wls:/soa_domain/serverConfig> deleteMetadata(application='soa-infra',server='soa_server1',docs='/apps/AIAMetaData/AIAComponents/test/*')

But i'm getting error like:
    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "<console>", line 1, in ?
    NameError: deleteMetadata

Can u suggest me on this?

Regards,
    Kishore
  • 3. Re: Deleting objects from MDS
    NeerajSehgal Journeyer
    Hi Kishore,

Did you run the command from *<MW_HOME>/oracle_common/common/bin* ? Try running the command from this location.

See if this helps.
    http://neeraj-soa-tips.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/delete-data-from-mds-single-files.html

Also paste the entire log here and ensure that your soa-infra application is up.

Regards,
    Neeraj Sehgal
  • 4. Re: Deleting objects from MDS
    933720 Newbie
    Hi Neeraj,

I followed the sane steps as of in the link you mentioned,
    http://neeraj-soa-tips.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/delete-data-from-mds-single-files.html

I'm providing the log here where i'm getting the error:

[aiauser@CRPAS03 bin]$ ./wlst.sh
    CLASSPATH=/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/patch_wls1035/profiles/default/sys_manifest_classpath/weblogic_patch.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/patch_ocp360/profiles/default/sys_manifest_classpath/weblogic_patch.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_26/lib/tools.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/modules/features/weblogic.server.modules_10.3.5.0.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/webservices.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/modules/org.apache.ant_1.7.1/lib/ant-all.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/modules/net.sf.antcontrib_1.1.0.0_1-0b2/lib/ant-contrib.jar:

PATH=/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/bin:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/modules/org.apache.ant_1.7.1/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_26/jre/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_26/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/home/aiauser/bin:/FS/aiauser/product/jdk1.6.0_27/bin

Your environment has been set.

CLASSPATH=/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/patch_wls1035/profiles/default/sys_manifest_classpath/weblogic_patch.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/patch_ocp360/profiles/default/sys_manifest_classpath/weblogic_patch.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_26/lib/tools.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/modules/features/weblogic.server.modules_10.3.5.0.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/webservices.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/modules/org.apache.ant_1.7.1/lib/ant-all.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/modules/net.sf.antcontrib_1.1.0.0_1-0b2/lib/ant-contrib.jar::/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/utils/config/10.3/config-launch.jar::/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/derby/lib/derbynet.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/derby/lib/derbyclient.jar:/FS/aiauser/product/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/derby/lib/derbytools.jar::

Initializing WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) ...

Welcome to WebLogic Server Administration Scripting Shell

Type help() for help on available commands

wls:/offline> connect('weblogic', 'weblogicaia11', '10.180.85.12:9001')
    Connecting to t3://10.180.85.12:9001 with userid weblogic ...
    Successfully connected to Admin Server 'soa_admin' that belongs to domain 'soa_domain'.

Warning: An insecure protocol was used to connect to the
    server. To ensure on-the-wire security, the SSL port or
    Admin port should be used instead.

wls:/soa_domain/serverConfig> deleteMetadata(application='soa-infra',server='soa_server1',docs='/apps/AIAMetaData/AIAComponents/test/*')
    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "<console>", line 1, in ?
    NameError: deleteMetadata

Can you suggest me on this..

Regards,
    Kishore
  • 5. Re: Deleting objects from MDS
    NeerajSehgal Journeyer
    Hi Kishore,

From the message it seems that it is something related to name. Please verify the following:
    1.) When you type deleteMetadata() it gives you the TypeError: deleteMetadata() takes at least 3 arguments (0 given)
    2.) Try to connect to SOA server instead of Admin server using the connect command and see the result.

Regards,
    Neeraj Sehgal

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points